New Ryzen and Ram

So based of off the new video that linus put out. I can purchase a DDR4 3600 kit and have no performance loss? I was looking at the Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB 3600 kit for my overkill build.

If overkill is what you want 3600mhz will be plenty. Overclock your infinity fabric a bit and you'll be doing just fine.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

25 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

If overkill is what you want 3600mhz will be plenty. Overclock your infinity fabric a bit and you'll be doing just fine.

It's actually better to tie infinity fabric speed to RAM speed. Tightening latencies is actually better than pumping infinity fabric a bit more from the testing I've seen. So 3600 memory, 1800mhz with the tightest timings you can manage will be great. 3800mhz memory, 1900mhz infinity fabric, again with the tightest memory timings you can manage will be only pretty minorly better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, RobFRaschke said:

It's actually better to tie infinity fabric speed to RAM speed. Tightening latencies is actually better than pumping infinity fabric a bit more from the testing I've seen. So 3600 memory, 1800mhz with the tightest timings you can manage will be great. 3800mhz memory, 1900mhz infinity fabric, again with the tightest memory timings you can manage will be only pretty minorly better.

dude tbh im building a new pc with a 3600 and im SOOOOO confused on ram. and what people are recommending the prices for those dims are like the same price as the cpu its insane. Should I get 3200mz low latency or 3600 mz like cas 17-18 and try and lower the latency. I honestly have no clue what to do lol

1 hour ago, Jordan_C21 said:

dude tbh im building a new pc with a 3600 and im SOOOOO confused on ram. and what people are recommending the prices for those dims are like the same price as the cpu its insane. Should I get 3200mz low latency or 3600 mz like cas 17-18 and try and lower the latency. I honestly have no clue what to do lol

Well my advice is to stop panicking, the performance difference isn't that great. Is it the same, no, but its not a huge improvement. I would say get the best 3200 speed ram you can afford, and if you find a deal on 3600 that isn't much more get that. Higher clock speed is good, but so is better timings. They kind of even out. Me personally I would get a decent brand of 3200 with good timings before I got the cheapest no name kit of 3600 with not so good timings. That is just a personal thing though. And that is just from a reliability standpoint.