Yellow Flashing Light Ethernet Cable please help

Bob Ross T-Shirt

I built a computer a couple months ago and hooked up an Ethernet cable to it. The connection and speed was fine but I suddenly have poor connection with the yellow flashing light. There is another cable hooked up to another computer and it works fine. My motherboard is the ASrock B450 Pro4. Something to note is that when I turn my computer off, there is a green light on my modem, but when I turn my computer on, it goes back to flashing yellow. I'm pretty sure the problem is either the Ethernet port on my computer or the other end of the Ethernet cable connecting to my computer. I've tried restarting my modem and plugging and unplugging both Ethernet connections. I would appreciate any suggestions.

7 minutes ago, Bob Ross T-Shirt said:

I built a computer a couple months ago and hooked up an Ethernet cable to it. The connection and speed was fine but I suddenly have poor connection with the yellow flashing light. There is another cable hooked up to another computer and it works fine. My motherboard is the ASrock B450 Pro4. Something to note is that when I turn my computer off, there is a green light on my modem, but when I turn my computer on, it goes back to flashing yellow. I'm pretty sure the problem is either the Ethernet port on my computer or the other end of the Ethernet cable connecting to my computer. I've tried restarting my modem and plugging and unplugging both Ethernet connections. I would appreciate any suggestions.

It is most probably the cable.  I don see why your mobo ethernet can suddenly die ya know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

12 minutes ago, Bob Ross T-Shirt said:

I agree is sounds like a cable problem to me as well. Bad cables can cause really strange issues, I have seen some devices work find on a bad cable but others not work at all.

Although it could be a driver issue, I have had windows 10 upgrade completely screw up network drivers before. You may want to download the latest drive off of ASrock's web sight and install it, see if that fixes the problem.

9 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

I agree is sounds like a cable problem to me as well. Bad cables can cause really strange issues, I have seen some devices work find on a bad cable but others not work at all.

Although it could be a driver issue, I have had windows 10 upgrade completely screw up network drivers before. You may want to download the latest drive off of ASrock's web sight and install it, see if that fixes the problem.

Some new drivers for b450 mobos came out a few days ago, could this be the problem?

7 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

You don't need drivers for your ethernet to work.  It gets installed and your net is working after you install Winblows 10.  No need to go to your mobo site and grab their ethernet drivers;  To me your playing with fire when you do this.  Let Windows take care of it for you.  I never have installed any mobo drivers for many many years and all works well right out of the box.  So maybe you should uninstall the crap you installed and let Windows handle it.  Having said this once again its a bad cable I'm most certain.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Bob Ross T-Shirt said:

Some new drivers for b450 mobos came out a few days ago, could this be the problem?

As I said in my above post if your on Windows 10 you dont have to install sh*T,, everything works fine and dandy.  Why dig a hole and crawl in it with uncle billy lol.

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

As I said in my above post if your on Windows 10 you dont have to install sh*T,, everything works fine and dandy.  Why dig a hole and crawl in it with uncle billy lol.

I haven't installed anything yet so I guess I gotta go get a new cable although its a brand new cable. I had to feed the cable through my ceiling now I have to it all over again lol. Anyway thanks for everyone's help. 

50 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

You don't need drivers for your ethernet to work.  It gets installed and your net is working after you install Winblows 10.  No need to go to your mobo site and grab their ethernet drivers;  To me your playing with fire when you do this.  Let Windows take care of it for you.  I never have installed any mobo drivers for many many years and all works well right out of the box.  So maybe you should uninstall the crap you installed and let Windows handle it.  Having said this once again its a bad cable I'm most certain.

I'm sorry but that's incorrect. Windows might install some drivers that "work" but they definitely aren't always the best or most optimized drivers and there are many instances where Windows 10 cannot detect and install the correct drivers.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Bob Ross T-Shirt said:

I haven't installed anything yet so I guess I gotta go get a new cable although its a brand new cable. I had to feed the cable through my ceiling now I have to it all over again lol. Anyway thanks for everyone's help. 

Try to keep the cable away from any fluorescent lighting and power lines, they can inject interference on the line. If you do have to run it around power lines you may want to look into shielded twisted pair instead of the cheaper unshelded twisted pair cable. 

If your only going a a short distance 20-50 feet or so you probably either way. But just something to keep in mind.