RTX 2060 Super PSU connection

HomuraZ
Go to solution Solved by Olivia Moore,
Just now, HomuraZ said:

I just wanted to ask if I can (should) connect an RTX 2060 Super ( Zotac AMP Extreme ) to a single 8(6+2) + 6 pin PCIE cable or if I should connect 1 cable to the 8 pin and another cable to the 6 pin connector... Or does it even matter? 

It is recommended to use separate cables for each connector in a gpu, but not necessary. It will be fine if you use one cable for both connectors. Jaystwocents did a great video on this. 

I just wanted to ask if I can (should) connect an RTX 2060 Super ( Zotac AMP Extreme ) to a single 8(6+2) + 6 pin PCIE cable or if I should connect 1 cable to the 8 pin and another cable to the 6 pin connector... Or does it even matter? 

Just now, HomuraZ said:

It is recommended to use separate cables for each connector in a gpu, but not necessary. It will be fine if you use one cable for both connectors. Jaystwocents did a great video on this. 

Single PCIe cable with an 8pin + 6pin connector will be fine.

Considering the power consumption of RTX 2060 Super cards it shouldn't even need the 6pin connector at all. Not entirely sure why Zotac put an extra 6pin on it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Not entirely sure why Zotac put an extra 6pin on it.

normally it has something to do with marketing mostly...

Interesting, thanks for the video @Olivia Moore and thanks for all the info in general.? I already have the PSU shroud installed and only 1 6+2 + 6 pn PCIE cable plugged into my PSU so I'll not bother with another cable. ? ( maybe I'll switch to 2 cables when I have to remove the shroud for some other reason )