My Pc Is Preforming way bellow expectations, PLEASE HELP!!!!

So i built this pc not so long ago, around a month ago, and for the components i have, i should be getting pretty good fps, but in every single game i get around 50-70 fps with all low settings!!!

Specs:

Msi Gtx 1060 6gb

Ryzen 5 2400g

B450M Gigabyte Motherboard

16gb ram gskill trident z

Please help, i spent so much money on this pc and to get such low frames and so many screen tearing.

The image shows what user benchmark is saying

help.PNG

What games? Are you using your 1060 or do you have the video cables plugged into your motherboard?

What speed is your memory?

With the vague information you've given, that sounds like expected performance 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 hours ago, Random_User said:

What games are you trying to play and at what resolution?

Fortnite at 1920x1080 all low settings and i get 60 or less fps

Overwatch 1920x1080 all low settings and i get 70-80 fps but with massive frame drops

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

What games? Are you using your 1060 or do you have the video cables plugged into your motherboard?

What speed is your memory?

With the vague information you've given, that sounds like expected performance 

Overwatch 1920x1080 all low settings and i get 70-80 fps but with massive frame drops

My ram can go 3000 mhz but when i have 3000 mhz my pc randomly restarts so i have it at 2133

and yes the cables are plugged in

and i made sure in the nvidia control panel im running on my 1060

sorry im a little new to the pc world

1 minute ago, weby said:

My ram can go 3000 mhz but when i have 3000 mhz my pc randomly restarts so i have it at 2133

and yes the cables are plugged in

and i made sure in the nvidia control panel im running on my 1060

sorry im a little new to the pc world

When you adjust memory speeds your pc will reboot on its own several times, that's normal behaviour.

If you're talking about other random times after you've adjusted it and it has done this, try a lower frequency.

Start by using DDU to uninstall your video drivers, then reinstall them.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

When you adjust memory speeds your pc will reboot on its own several times, that's normal behaviour.

If you're talking about other random times after you've adjusted it and it has done this, try a lower frequency.

Start by using DDU to uninstall your video drivers, then reinstall them.

How do i try lower frequency? yea after i changed it to 3000mhz after 1 hour of playing games the pc restarted and just kept on doing it after a couple of minutes or so

and alright ill try ddu

2 minutes ago, weby said:

How do i try lower frequency? yea after i changed it to 3000mhz after 1 hour of playing games the pc restarted and just kept on doing it after a couple of minutes or so

and alright ill try ddu

Assuming you're just using the XMP profiles, just click on a lower freq. like 2933 and apply it.

Okay, that's fine.  Ryzen based CPUs are memory bound.  Even my 2700x will experience terrible performance problems when RAM is at stock.  It sounds like you're not completely afraid of the bios.  What I first recommend doing is fixing your memory situation.

If you get into Windows and experiencing blue screens then it is in fact a compatibility issue.

If your system is power cycling (meaning it is not getting into the operating system and constantly rebooting) then your motherboard is attempting to go through RAM training to find a compatible list of timings.

The first thing you can try is turn XMP on, but manually set the frequency to 2400 Mhz.  If it succeeds at 2400 Mhz then move  onto 2666 Mhz.  If that succeeds then move it onto 2933 Mhz.  Some motherboards simply cannot run RAM at the XMP speed because of compatibility issues.  

If you're still having trouble then we can revisit this and I can help you with timings.

Here is a really good video on how to deal with RAM timings on a gigabyte motherboard.  The timings 20 20 20 40 almost always work.

2 hours ago, phoenixflower said:

Okay, that's fine.  Ryzen based CPUs are memory bound.  Even my 2700x will experience terrible performance problems when RAM is at stock.  It sounds like you're not completely afraid of the bios.  What I first recommend doing is fixing your memory situation.

If you get into Windows and experiencing blue screens then it is in fact a compatibility issue.

If your system is power cycling (meaning it is not getting into the operating system and constantly rebooting) then your motherboard is attempting to go through RAM training to find a compatible list of timings.

The first thing you can try is turn XMP on, but manually set the frequency to 2400 Mhz.  If it succeeds at 2400 Mhz then move  onto 2666 Mhz.  If that succeeds then move it onto 2933 Mhz.  Some motherboards simply cannot run RAM at the XMP speed because of compatibility issues.  

If you're still having trouble then we can revisit this and I can help you with timings.

Here is a really good video on how to deal with RAM timings on a gigabyte motherboard.  The timings 20 20 20 40 almost always work.

Alright, i am really scared if the bios because last time i was in there, my pc kept restarting when im in game, but i tried what i can do from that video and what you said and my fps climbed only by around 10-20 fps but on low frames on overwatch i should be getting around 200 or more in low settings and now im getting 80

Assuming you're just using the XMP profiles, just click on a lower freq. like 2933 and apply it.

alright, so after i changed my memory this is the benchmark, im still getting really low frames though

linus.PNG

do you have the RAM running at 2933 with the recommended timings (the Xtreme Memory Profile timings) or do you have the RAM running at 2933 with the timings of 20 20 20 40?

do you have the RAM running at 2933 with the recommended timings (the Xtreme Memory Profile timings) or do you have the RAM running at 2933 with the timings of 20 20 20 40?

20 20 20 40, and when i tried checking my temps my pc frooze right now

4 minutes ago, phoenixflower said:

It froze again right now when I’m launching a game, I can move the mouse but everything is frozen and alt tab or ctrl shift esc doesent work

After changing the memory

image.jpg

Okay, so 20 20 20 40 are really really really loose timings.  You can  slowly aim for 16-18-18-38, you may have to do 16-18-18-40 or even 17-18-18-40.  Your next timings aim should be 18-18-18-40 then then try to tweak the first number.  Your graphics driver normally only hard crashes when the GPU is overheated.  Since you have an MSI card, download MSI afterburner if you haven't already and set a custom fan curve.  They have presets for silent, and aggressive.  Just choose the aggressive once when you're video gaming and silent when you're not.  Make sure you have enough airflow in your case, can you list your case too?

You should monitor the temperature of your GPU

Okay, so 20 20 20 40 are really really really loose timings.  You can  slowly aim for 16-18-18-38, you may have to do 16-18-18-40 or even 17-18-18-40.  Your next timings aim should be 18-18-18-40 then then try to tweak the first number.  Your graphics driver normally only hard crashes when the GPU is overheated.  Since you have an MSI card, download MSI afterburner if you haven't already and set a custom fan curve.  They have presets for silent, and aggressive.  Just choose the aggressive once when you're video gaming and silent when you're not.  Make sure you have enough airflow in your case, can you list your case too?

You should monitor the temperature of your GPU

My case is the NZXT h500i

How many intake fans do you have in the front and how many fans do you have on the top to help with exhaust?

Also if you haven't already download GeForce Experience and let it update your drivers for you :)

Also if you haven't already download GeForce Experience and let it update your drivers for you :)

Yea they are all up to date, and yea i have 2 fans one at the top and one in the rear

Okay, it sounds like you're water cooling the CPU.  If not then you'll want to put 2 intake fans in the front.  Your GPU and chipset are probably overheating from lack of fresh air.  A quick DIY fix is just to leave the case open when you're video gaming.  You'll definitely want to two exhaust fans on the top to help get rid of the heat in your system.

My recommendation if you are water cooling the CPU in this system, is to to exchange the water cooling system for something like https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-D15-heatpipe-NF-A15-140mm/dp/B00L7UZMAK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=EYPEN6BJCFW7&keywords=noctua+nh-d15&qid=1564781334&s=electronics&sprefix=noctua+n%2Celectronics%2C145&sr=1-3 or https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Dark-Rock-BK022-Cooler/dp/B07BY6F8D9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1243Z5ZMYC0GT&keywords=be+quiet+dark+rock+pro+4&qid=1564781378&s=electronics&sprefix=be+qui%2Celectronics%2C146&sr=1-1.

Water cooling is only a good idea if you can keep the rest of your parts cool.

Also for most games including overwatch they're some settings you can modify to get higher FPS with minimal intrusion to your experience.  For overwatch specifically.  Make usre it's rendering at 100% of your display buffer, not 141% or 115% or something above 100%.  I personally put all the graphics settings on medium (which was they do at esports competitions for high fps low latency).  Turn off local reflections and ambient occlusion (this is a pre-RTX technique for "real-time" ray tracing).  You'll also probably want anit-aliasing on high SMAA medium.  Then put refraction on medium

and remember to put the FPS limit from display based to custom and set it to 300 FPS.  It's just a way to tell the GPU to work as hard as possible.

1 hour ago, phoenixflower said:

and remember to put the FPS limit from display based to custom and set it to 300 FPS.  It's just a way to tell the GPU to work as hard as possible.

This is what I get when I I put the ram at 3000

A1960AA9-708E-4EB6-B726-B1A1D9EA3631.jpeg

18 minutes ago, phoenixflower said:

then just keep it at 2933 and modify the timings :)

I put it back in regular settings and now I’m just getting black screened and it resets