Is this a good build for playing only Minecraft and osu!?

oli75uk
Go to solution Solved by Munchboy,

I was able to play osu! on our school's old PCs equipped with i5-2400s. Your build looks like the perfect budget gaming PC and would do the job just fine.

Just try to save a couple extra bucks and buy a 3400G. It has Hyperthreading, a bit higher advertised Clockspeeds, more VEGA cores and you could say it's more future-proof, since you can upgrade with a discrete GPU later down the line and still have a pretty powerfull CPU.

At this point you should go with a NVMe drive (price difference is almost non-existant) and if you throw 20-30 more you could get a 1TB.

I want to Stream at 720p30fps while playing Minecraft at 1680x1050 and osu! at 1344x756, would this be enough or perhaps the 3400g?

Soon to be PC Specs:

Processor: FX-8350 8 Cores @ 4.7GHZ CPU

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX R2.0 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 4x4 1600MHZ RAM

Cooler: AMD's New Wraith Cooler

Graphics Card: Chinese Yeston GTX 1060 5GB GPU

Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 2012 1TB 7200RPM 3.5 Inch 64MB Cache HDD

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Full Tower PC Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold PSU

That should be enough to run java minecraft at most likely all maxed settings. I believe OSU! isn't that intense of a game but don't quote me but that should run much more than fine on this build. as far as streaming at the same time. you might* want to go with a 6 core but I stream on my 4th gen i5 and it does well enough so who am I to talk lol

13 minutes ago, T3Kgamer said:

That should be enough to run java minecraft at most likely all maxed settings. I believe OSU! isn't that intense of a game but don't quote me but that should run much more than fine on this build. as far as streaming at the same time. you might* want to go with a 6 core but I stream on my 4th gen i5 and it does well enough so who am I to talk lol

Forgot Ryzen had hyperthreading options the 3400g would be better for streaming than the non-hyperthreaded 3200g

you don't need a 6 core

I was able to play osu! on our school's old PCs equipped with i5-2400s. Your build looks like the perfect budget gaming PC and would do the job just fine.

Just try to save a couple extra bucks and buy a 3400G. It has Hyperthreading, a bit higher advertised Clockspeeds, more VEGA cores and you could say it's more future-proof, since you can upgrade with a discrete GPU later down the line and still have a pretty powerfull CPU.

At this point you should go with a NVMe drive (price difference is almost non-existant) and if you throw 20-30 more you could get a 1TB.

我は汝。。。汝は我。。。我は汝の心のより出ずる者。。。

It will easily runt the games, but only 4 cores for streaming while playing it might have hiccups or dropped frames. If you used a 3400G it should be able to play those games and stream at 1080p60.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 12:43 PM, T3Kgamer said:

Forgot Ryzen had hyperthreading options the 3400g would be better for streaming than the non-hyperthreaded 3200g

you don't need a 6 core

sorry for the late replies, i was helping for my aunt's wedding. i have chosen to opt for the 2400g instead since it is almost the same performance as the 3400g, and i'd like to save more on b450 rather than waiting for b550 being higher priced.

Soon to be PC Specs:

Processor: FX-8350 8 Cores @ 4.7GHZ CPU

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX R2.0 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 4x4 1600MHZ RAM

Cooler: AMD's New Wraith Cooler

Graphics Card: Chinese Yeston GTX 1060 5GB GPU

Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 2012 1TB 7200RPM 3.5 Inch 64MB Cache HDD

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Full Tower PC Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold PSU