Estimated Wattage

Delusion TV

I have a question, I’m planning on building my first pc, got almost everything sorted out, but I have got some difficulties with the wattage for my Power Supply. The link to my build/specs is down below. PcPartPicker said that my estimated wattage is around 400W (394 to be precise). But when I filled these specs in on a different website, it told me I would end up around 680W. So here comes my question: “Does someone here on the forums have a build which is the same, or similar to mine, and how much watt for a Power Supply would you guys recommend”

Thanks in advance.

The Link: 

P.S. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes which makes reading it harder.

I made this on my phone, and English isn’t my primary language. So some words be in the wrong order.

Its prob more around 400 a system like this never ever uses 680w ^^ a decent 550/600w powersupply should be fine ;) but u always can go higher if u plan to upgrade the cpu/gpu in the future 

That rig definitely pulls less than 400 watts. I have my own rig and power draw in my signature, for reference.

In general, online calculators for things like power draw and bottlenecks are utterly useless.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That rig definitely pulls less than 400 watts. I have my own rig and power draw in my signature, for reference.

In general, online calculators for things like power draw and bottlenecks are utterly useless.

Ye ur right even 400 seems alot for a 2060 super system ^^ 

18 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Ye ur right even 400 seems alot for a 2060 super system ^^ 

U talking about my system, because thanks then. But what kind of pc would use a 750 psu? 

Just now, Delusion TV said:

U talking about my system, because thanks then. But what kind of pc would use a 750 psu? 

Ye we are hahaha :D 750 would be overkill even if u want to upgrade like i said get a 550w one u will be fine :) 

23 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That rig definitely pulls less than 400 watts. I have my own rig and power draw in my signature

you really don't know about PSU's

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

5 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Ye we are hahaha :D 750 would be overkill even if u want to upgrade like i said get a 550w one u will be fine :) 

Thanks for your help. I think I will go with a 650W, since I would be able to monitor that one, and if I ever wanted to go SLI. But still thank you for your time and help!

14 minutes ago, Constantin said:
38 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That rig definitely pulls less than 400 watts. I have my own rig and power draw in my signature

Please explain why you believe that. Don't just say someone is wrong without explaining why.
The parts listed is a system with a Ryzen 2600X (<100W) + RTX 2060 Super (<200W). They're correct in that the system would consume less than 400w.

44 minutes ago, Delusion TV said:

So here comes my question: “Does someone here on the forums have a build which is the same, or similar to mine, and how much watt for a Power Supply would you guys recommend”

I don't have a system like yours, but my system which is much more power hungry with an overclocked i7 6700K + GTX 1080Ti is currently playing Kingdom Come Deliverance  (1440p Ultra). From the wall measured with a watt-meter the power supply is pulling around 385W, fluctuating by 10-20W depending on what's happening on screen. That's before efficiency loss of the PSU, so around 350W system power usage.

Your system will be more than fine with a 550W PSU. The RMx you have selected is a decent unit and also available as 550W models. If the 550W is cheaper I would recommend that to save some cash. There might also be some other cheaper 550W models available as well. No need for 750W model, though if you do go with the 750W model it won't hurt anything (other than your wallet).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

49 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Perhaps but they can be useful in determining on what wattage to buy, I mean it would be stupid to pair a low end Athelon+A320+8GB+1 HDD system with a 800W PSU.

I only recommend them as a general baseline and not the word of god and with so many parts being power efficient 400-650W seems to be more then enough for most systems with higher wattage being more for high end/enthusiast grade stuff.

Yes every PSU calculator is sponsored but I have seen too many people recommend high wattage PSU's for the most basic builds.

And sure you can utterly gimp things by buying too low wattage of a PSU but it depends on what you do.

The system should draw about 225W-250W under a gaming load. 

Here's numbers from Anandtech. This is the wall power draw with a 9900K system, and the PSU (AX1200i) is about 90% efficient at that load. The load with Furmark is a bit higher, and if you use synthetics for both the GPU and CPU, the load will be a bit higher. 

If you want a PSU recommendation, it would be helpful for us to have links to where you'll buy from. 

Also, for the rest of the part list... Are you sure you want to go with that AiO, motherboard, SSD, case, and keyboard? No matter where you buy from, they really do not make sense for a gaming build. 

55 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Its prob more around 400 a system like this

See above. 

33 minutes ago, Delusion TV said:

But what kind of pc would use a 750 psu? 

Dual high power GPUs, overclocked and/or synthetic load. 

33 minutes ago, Constantin said:

That's a very substantiated claim. Feel free to back it up with actual facts based on the reality we live in. 

13 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Yes every PSU calculator is sponsored but I have seen too many people recommend high wattage PSU's for the most basic builds.

A lot of that is because of PSU calculators. 

:)

27 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The parts listed is a system with a Ryzen 2600X (<100W) + RTX 2060 Super (<200W). They're correct in that the system would consume less than 400w.

Have you seen many systems with less than at least 550w, no matter what?the market is 650/850w this is the 80% (i think) of the majority 

A PSU do his job till 60% load depending on the category gold ect.....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

A lot of that is because of PSU calculators.  

Well i think some are a little better then others, personally I find outervisions PSU calculator to be fairly accurate as most of the others can be inaccurate.

MSi's and neweggs are the worst offenders and the PSU maker calculators are okay but not as accurate.

Again I only suggest using it as a baseline nothing more

17 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Have you seen many systems with less than at least 550w, no matter what?the market is 650/850w this is the 80% (i think) of the majority 

Feelsbadman I'm a minority that will buy a 400W PSU.

If you're talking about effecieny there is a website reviewing about it and other stuffs I just forgot the name, if you're talking about how much it pulls it's a different thing. 

5 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Feelsbadman I'm a minority that will buy a 400W PSU.

If you're talking about effecieny there is a website reviewing about it and other stuffs I just forgot the name, if you're talking about how much it pulls it's a different thing. 

80% of the people, even if they need 400w/500w.

They all, but ALL get a minimum of 650/750.

This is what i have seen on Youtube years now from known and unknown Youtubers 

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

Yeah I see your point even if the system only pulls like 250W most people will take a 500W because why not? But were talking about op's rig. 

Well so now if I'm taking your opinion on it, even if it YouTubers anyone who is knowledgeable enough will take 500W most of the time if its enough, because its not cost efficient. 

33 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Feel free to come with statements based on the reality we live in. Here are testing results for PSUs at ~40°C at up to 110% load. 

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database

34 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Feel free to come with the sauce. Prebuilt OEM systems typically come with sensible PSUs. Check out the wattage on those. 

29 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Well i think some are a little better then others, personally I find outervisions PSU calculator to be fairly accurate as most of the others can be inaccurate.

MSi's and neweggs are the worst offenders and the PSU maker calculators are okay but not as accurate.

Again I only suggest using it as a baseline nothing more

Outervision is what a lot of other PSU calculators are based on. It's absolute male cattle excrement. If you want a more reasonable estimate, just do GPU TDP + 70W. That works for a gaming load and is more accurate than any PSU calculator -not that it takes much. 

12 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Of they need 400W, they are running a 2080 Ti or equivalent. Way less than 80% of people use >250W GPUs. 

12 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I trust random.org or my cat more than what pretty much any YouTuber says about PSUs. That way I would get less misinformation, and more accurate power draw estimates. 

38 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Ive seen 550 watt and below quite often. And as long as the PSU is good. You dont need more than 550w. 

14 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Oh dear. You dont know the dissaster that is youtubers and PSUs.......

For one they dont buy these units. They get sponsored. Aswell as most of them dont know shit about PSUs. 

41 minutes ago, Constantin said:

PSU do his job till 60% load depending on the category gold ect.....

Efficiency has nothing to do with quality of the PSU. 

I suggest looking into PSUs before pointing out someone is wrong. If you dont know, then you dont know

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

I don't know much but it's easy to tell I know quite a lot more than you do. It does help to have direct contact with the people who made the PSU tier list, I can ask them questions about power supply details. Unfortunately you lack this communication and have had to guess about all your power supply "information" so your advice is almost always wrong

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

I use the net, tells me everything

Of course a direct contact with the people who made the PSU list is pretty good

But asking the right qustion and know how to filter. 

You find everything n the net

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Outervision is what a lot of other PSU calculators are based on. It's absolute male cattle excrement. If you want a more reasonable estimate, just do GPU TDP + 70W. That works for a gaming load and is more accurate than any PSU calculator -not that it takes much.

Perhaps, but again its only a baseline.

I mean by your logic the most PSU one would ever need is 450W as most GPU's are very power efficient however there is much more to consider such as lighting strips, fans, hard drives, AIO's etc.

This is the only real reason why I use PSU calculators as a baseline, to give myself a general idea of what one generally needs.

I am fully aware that accuracy can be an issue but I usually make good calls in PSU wattage estimation.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

I use the net, tells me everything

Of course a direct contact with the people who made the PSU list is pretty good

But asking the right qustion and know how to filter. 

You find everything n the net

"You can't tell lies on the internet!"

"who told you that?"
"The internet!"

You have to be so foolishly naive to think your simple google searches and approximations have actually helped you identify power supply information correctly. You can clearly see that people who understand power supplies a lot better have told you that you're wrong, like @GoldenLag. You still can't admit you're wrong though.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

by your logic the most PSU one would ever need is 450W as most GPU's are very power efficient however there is much more to consider such as lighting strips, fans, hard drives, AIO's etc.

Yes, pretty much any system is more than fine with a decent 450W. None of the other components you mentioned change that. With certain newer, higher end GPUs, the transients can spike well above the continuous average draw, which can trip the protections on some PSUs. Check out Vega on the Seasonic Focus Plus (before they effectively removed that protection). 

Still though nothing wrong with a little headroom, a 450W base plus another 100W overhead equals 550 which is more then enough for a lot of setups and thanks to the 80plus standard is very efficient.

This is why I normally recommend 550W anyhow.

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Still though nothing wrong with a little headroom, a 450W base plus another 100W overhead equals 550 which is more then enough for a lot of setups and thanks to the 80plus standard is very efficient.

This is why I normally recommend 550W anyhow.

Headroom which costs money and will most likely be useless, both now and in the future when CPUs/GPUs become more efficient for performance. 450W is also more than enough for a lot of setups, and don't talk about 80+ please.