Speedfan isn't compatible?

zzknight

So, I have a pre-built Dell Inspiron 5675 and it has pretty shit dell motherboard, the fans were tollerible until I installed an nvme ssd, and now they feel like they're either 100% on, or 5% on there's no in-between. However, my fans are 4 pin, so they should be able to be controlled right? However, the BIOS on this fucking motherboard is also shit and doesn't let me change anything, let alone voltage or fan speeds. However, I've also tried using speedfan, and I can control the gpu fan fine, but the case fans are still uncontrollable even after I've configured them in speedfan and set them to "software controlled." So I'm at the point in which I'll buy an external fan controller, like this one from cosair:

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Fan-Controller-Commander-CL-9011110-WW/dp/B0725HP1J2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=corsair+fan+controller&qid=1564428670&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I could just buy this and use corsair's software to controll my fans while their routed through there right? But I don't feel like spending that kind of money, if you have any kind of advice for my situation please let me know and thank you for your time.

Speedfan unfortunately hasn't been updated since Feb 21, 2015. I would look into whatever software your motherboard manufacturer provides.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

31 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Speedfan unfortunately hasn't been updated since Feb 21, 2015. I would look into whatever software your motherboard manufacturer provides.

Dell doesn't really provide anything, and their customer support is something you have to pay for.

Internal controllers are one thing. Or if you feel like just having fans at slower speed would be enough, then you could just buy resistors and use them. They lower fan speed to 60%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv