Wraith prism (can't show white correctly, purply)

orlando690

So I had to rma my 3700x (failed prime 95, this new one passed) 

The prism on the first 3700x was squishable but it worked for cooling and could output white. No I will not keep this one I wasn't going to replace it but now that I got the new one I'm not going back. 

This new prism is very nice and sturdy.

But when I turn it off theres 3 green light that is dimm on the fan that stays on. 

When I choose any r, g, b, color the color is normal. But when choosing white there is a puppy hue and can see the green light as well as blue and red a little. 

I am using mystic light but for this prism it actually can control the color of both ring and fan (so long as I don't touch the motherboard color and leave it off, otherwise it changes fan lights, also white on mobo markes the fan yellowish while the ring is whatever color I choose on the cpu section)

I dont have internet atm need technician to come tomorrow so I can't get CoolerMaster. 

But from the green staying on and white not being possible because of the lights that remain on I'm guessing this is a defect right? 

I already contacted amd, but I know they take days to reply then I reply to their request and it's days again before reply. So I'm expecting a replacement in weeks. 

My old prism I couldn't control the ring at all but the white was white. And when mobo was white the fan was white. 

Pic:it's a lot dimmer in person and the sides don't show glow it is just the 3 lights around middle of fan

20190728_192943.jpg

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

Have you tried disconnecting the rgb cable and using the usb cable with Cooler Master's Wraith Prism software instead?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried disconnecting the rgb cable and using the usb cable with Cooler Master's Wraith Prism software instead?

I will now. 

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It doesn't have the green light anymore but the whit I see isn't white. It still does green and purple. The photo kind of shows you that. Not at the exact point it is in real lof ebjt on the fan blades. 

20190729_160714.jpg

Baby Beast: