Noctua by u12a cpu cooler and cpu adapter

BollyWood401

Today I connected my cpu connector into an cpu extension cord that way I could cable manage it better because it wasn’t long enough. Now that I did this though I notice my CPU cooler is working much harder than it was before. Does this cpu extension cable have anything to do with problem? Also my cpu temps are still staying around the 30 degree Celsius area. The CPU cooler fans are just running faster and harder than before. Only reason I’m asking is because I noticed this issue as soon as I installed the cpu extension cable.

No, the extension cable shouldn't be making any difference and fan speeds shouldn't be high if temps are 30c. 

Are you sure the noise isn't coming from something else like another fan or hdd?

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you sure the extension cable was PWM or if so still working properly? If not the fans will default to full bore. At 30c the cooling potential of the fans wouldn't be much different between 30% and 100% fan speed anyway.