Ryzen 7 3700x Shows blue screen

Just got another BSOD with Critical Structure Corruption. I'll probably uninstall my Nvidia driver and go with a build 3 back. 

Workload was just a few tabs of chrome and watching a twitch stream. 

Annotation 2019-08-08 172151.png

On 8/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, Fire2box said:

Same problem here. Multiple blue screens (so far 6 in two days), appearing randomly while doing web or texting. Reported error from crash dump file is 0X109.

System spec, built and installed on 08/06/2019 (so very recent):

ASUS X570 Prime X570-P
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
BALLISTIX 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 3200 MT/s (PC4-25600) CL16

PNY Carte graphique GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 Go XLR8 Gaming OC Single Fan
SAMSUNG - 970 EVO PLUS - 500Go – M.2+Seagate Barracuda 2TO
Antec P7 Silent+be quiet! Alimentation PURE POWER 11 600W

windows pro

Note the ddr4 was detected at 2400 and I manually put it at 3200 in the bios. Memtest86 has not reported error (but I only ran 2 pass so far; will do more extensive tests this night).

I have first updated all the drivers. Seeing in this forum 4 people having similar issues, with approximately the same configuration, it really looks like a driver bug. I just installed the chipset driver (for X570) from AMD website to replace the ASUS version. I will report if improvement.

Please continue posting if you can shade some lights on this issue !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also experiencing the same issue or at least was. I used BlueScreenView software to read the dump reports and traced it back to what I think is a bad installation of the latest Nvidia driver. After installing a older driver and then back again on a whim I didn't have any issues since. However tonight when playing vanilla minecraft 1.14 it did give me a BSOD with the "critical Strcture error" and the software isn't reporting it as a driver fault i'm attaching that screenshot. It honestly isn't giving me any useful information I could work out. I've also played higher intensive games before and after notably Warframe. Destiny 2 and GTA:online. 

my specs are

3700x 

ASUS prime X570-p (with the latest AMD released test bios in order to play Destiny 2)

16GB corsair vengance DDR4 3200MHz 

EVGA 1070ti

My boot drive is a m.2 500GB Crucial NVME (PCI-E gen 3)

windows 10 64 bit. 

Edit: I have no idea if it'll happen again and I have zero clue what caused this last one for me. But I'll keep this topic bookmarked in case. 

Edit: 8/7/2019. No BSOD since the one pictured and added my GPU in the specs. no crashes during hours of minecraft either. 

I rolled my Nvidia driver back to 430.86 from May 27th 2019

Before this my PC also BSOD'ed again but at 4:30 am in sleep mode. I've never seen that happen before. Anyways I'm not sure why but I'm hoping it's a nvidia driver issue and not something from AMD's own bios update work around to get Destiny 2 running. 

18 hours ago, Fire2box said:

I rolled my Nvidia driver back to 430.86 from May 27th 2019

Before this my PC also BSOD'ed again but at 4:30 am in sleep mode. I've never seen that happen before. Anyways I'm not sure why but I'm hoping it's a nvidia driver issue and not something from AMD's own bios update work around to get Destiny 2 running.  

So I found out this topic:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-amd-ryzen-3000-bsod-error-fix,39847.html

which confirms your doubts. There is also an extensive discussion on reddit:

After reading this, I looked at windows Event Viewer (personal view->administrative events) and saw a lot of WHEA warning, some leading to crashes and others not. After I changed to amd's driver for the chipset, the WHEA warnings stopped. It is too soon to confirm that this is a work-around trick but you might want to try it.

PS: I can now assert that the change of chipset pilots from ASUS to AMD has not solved the problem. I still have random blue screens, as displayed here:

level           date                    source         id event  task category
Critique    07/08/19 16:55    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    07/08/19 18:04    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    07/08/19 21:53    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    08/08/19 14:45    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    08/08/19 19:54    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    09/08/19 11:33    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    09/08/19 19:27    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    10/08/19 15:39    Kernel-Power    41    -63
Critique    10/08/19 15:47    Kernel-Power    41    -63

Edited by Aspa

On 8/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Aspa said:

I am also having random critical structure corruption blue screens.

My specs are a ryzen 7 3700x,

an asus prime x570-p

Zotac Gaming RTX 2060

Boot drive - Adata 480 gb SSD

16 gb of 3600 g skill ram

The crashes are random and dont seem to matter on what game im playing

I am having the same exact problem. I get random blue screens that say critical structure error. 

Specs:

rzyen 3700x

Asus TUF x570 Plus MOBO

corasair 3200mhz 8x2gb running in amds xmp mode (whatever its called)

gtx 970

I have ran memory tests through windows which showed no problems. I also ran disk check which fixed some files on my ssd.

I am running a clean install of windows ten installed from a live usb.

Since Tuesday after installing the latest Nvidia driver I've haven't had a BSOD since then. However I've been having issues with PC freezing up on wakeup from sleep mode at times. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:42 AM, Fire2box said:

Since Tuesday after installing the latest Nvidia driver I've haven't had a BSOD since then. However I've been having issues with PC freezing up on wakeup from sleep mode at times. 

Good to know and encouraging; though nobody seems to mention that the BSOD issue has been solved by nvidia on the web.

And spoke too soon. it's not even BSOD'ing now. But event viewer still lists WHEA/PCI Express. And well, I don't think it's my NVMe m.2 boot drive. It's still utterly presently at random BTW. 

WHEA pci express.png

Edit: Haven't had a BSOD in weeks now and I'm running the latest driver because of Borderlands 3. 

• 1 month later...

Did anyone actually resolve this? Because I am experiencing this to. I recently built a 3700x with x570 build:

List of hardware:

Asus x570 Prime Pro
Seasonic 80 Gold 650 Watt psu
G-Skill 16GB x 2 kit RAM
Ryzen 7 3700x
Coolermaster hyper 212 x black editon
Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB
Samsung evo 970 m.2 SSD
Running Windows 10 Pro – its fully up to date
I have installed the latest chipset and graphics drivers from their vendor websites
Here are few of my DMP files if anyone can pick it apart? and suggest what to do here? ANother forum have said to uninstall all drivers and let windows install or I can do this one at a time.
DMP onedrive download link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agq3XMA9ywRshKA9H-0pSTyDKRNYiQ?e=hjC9wY
ntoskrnl.exe is screaming in all my dmps

I have the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver ( as I use the PC for video and photo editing) - 

NVIDIA Studio Driver

Version: 431.86 - Release Date: Wed Sep 04, 2019 

On 10/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, Drekko said:

Did anyone actually resolve this? Because I am experiencing this to. I recently built a 3700x with x570 build:

List of hardware:

Asus x570 Prime Pro
Seasonic 80 Gold 650 Watt psu
G-Skill 16GB x 2 kit RAM
Ryzen 7 3700x
Coolermaster hyper 212 x black editon
Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB
Samsung evo 970 m.2 SSD
Running Windows 10 Pro – its fully up to date
I have installed the latest chipset and graphics drivers from their vendor websites
Here are few of my DMP files if anyone can pick it apart? and suggest what to do here? ANother forum have said to uninstall all drivers and let windows install or I can do this one at a time.
DMP onedrive download link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agq3XMA9ywRshKA9H-0pSTyDKRNYiQ?e=hjC9wY
ntoskrnl.exe is screaming in all my dmps

I have the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver ( as I use the PC for video and photo editing) - 

NVIDIA Studio Driver

Version: 431.86 - Release Date: Wed Sep 04, 2019 

I also updated to the latest chipset driver (ABBA) but the Nvidia studio driver you are using might not have the update that finally fixed it for me. If you can try using the latest game ready drivers to see if that works and then use that until the studio version is updated. 

So long as you can get away with it via your needs.