4k monitor with G-sync around 24inch

Marco2G
Go to solution Solved by wng_kingsley7,

G-Sync in general costs a fortune however the result is worth the price if you're looking to buy a 120hz or 144hz monitor, the asus republic of gamers swift which is a 27" inch G-Sync ready monitor is probably the best solution for you, it also features besides the G-Sync module every possible feature that a Pro art series has besides the good colour reproduction factor, It runs at 1440P which is still a 16:9 aspect ratio so thumbs up.

Hello everyone

There's a lot of hype about upcoming 4k monitors on the web but I can't seem to find one that combines all my wishes. 

I'd like to have a new monitor (current one is a HP f2105) to go with my GTX780 and since severall benchmarks suggest the GTX780 can produce above 30 fps on the games I care about (mainly Tomb Raider / AC kind of games), I thought I might give the new must have resolution a chance.

I know Dell is about to launch a 4k for a bit above 1000$ but I believe it will not support G-Sync.

Soooo... do you know of any models I should keep an eye on? Again, 4k, G-Sync, around 24-27inch and not too expensive?

what you talking about wont exist for a WHILE

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why not? Asus will be launching a 4k display at 28inch für 800 bucks soon enough and that's the company whose monitors have been used at CES to demonstrate G-Sync on a 4k. So... what would be stopping them?

They showed a 4k G-Sync monitor,but nobody really knows.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Asus hasn't produce a prototype 4K model monitor yet. Although they did a show a G-Sync frankenstein model on a 4K display that isn't  a fully operational monitor even for gaming. For G-Sync I'd get any of the upcoming monitors however due to the result of G-Sync having quick and efficient movement reducing lag, stutter and input/latency the colour output is quite poor.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

http://www.eteknix.com/4k-gaming-showdown-amd-r9-290x-r9-280x-vs-nvidia-gtx-titan-gtx-780/11/

34 fps on a non-overclocked GTX780. I've got the ASUS OC version watercooled running here. I don't see the problem.

It's Tombraider... I have dual 780ti'S oced balls to the walls (almost 1500mhz) and i have trouble getting constant 60 fps in all my games. (Maxed) 

Tag for the information.

But do you really want to game at 34fps? Seems a bit on the low end to me.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

G-Sync in general costs a fortune however the result is worth the price if you're looking to buy a 120hz or 144hz monitor, the asus republic of gamers swift which is a 27" inch G-Sync ready monitor is probably the best solution for you, it also features besides the G-Sync module every possible feature that a Pro art series has besides the good colour reproduction factor, It runs at 1440P which is still a 16:9 aspect ratio so thumbs up.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

It's Tombraider... I have dual 780ti'S oced balls to the walls (almost 1500mhz) and i have trouble getting constant 60 fps in all my games. (Maxed) 

I don't understand the remark about Tombraider. Also, I'm happy with 30fps, believe it or not.

But okay, you people around here are way more knowledgeable than I am, so I'll take the hint. Soooo... What would I look for in a 2560 monitor?

Tag for the information.

But do you really want to game at 34fps? Seems a bit on the low end to me.

I... guess not? ;)

I've never been after the ultimate fps numbers before. Until a few weeks ago, I was using a HD 6850.

That answers my last question, thank you.

@Marco2G Your welcome.

I don't understand the remark about Tombraider. Also, I'm happy with 30fps, believe it or not.

But okay, you people around here are way more knowledgeable than I am, so I'll take the hint. Soooo... What would I look for in a 2560 monitor?

1. Tombraider is not a heavy to run game. Take a look at your 10 fps in Crysis 3 maxed :D 2. 30fps and you are fine with it? i need 45+. 3. I'm not saying that you shouldn'dt get a 4k monitor (I ordered the 23,8 inch 4k from Dell a couple days ago and i'm so excited for it to arrive) but you won't be playing at 4k. (Get a 4k monitor play 2560x1440/1600 and once you have the hardware to back it up play at 4k. (Monitors last longer then pc's... Even tho that isn't true for me.) 

1. Tombraider is not a heavy to run game. Take a look at your 10 fps in Crysis 3 maxed :D 2. 30fps and you are fine with it? i need 45+. 3. I'm not saying that you shouldn'dt get a 4k monitor (I ordered the 23,8 inch 4k from Dell a couple days ago and i'm so excited for it to arrive) but you won't be playing at 4k. (Get a 4k monitor play 2560x1440/1600 and once you have the hardware to back it up play at 4k. (Monitors last longer then pc's... Even tho that isn't true for me.) 

1. I do not play FPS games. I also never play multiplayer, so I believe (!) I could live with 30 fps.

3. I don't think I want to do that. I'd have to scale back to 1080 oon a 4k display. That in between resolution will probably not look all that pretty. And if I do that, I might as well buy a 1080 monitor for 200 bucks. By the time I could play at 4k, those monitors will have become cheap enough that I won't have to worry about these additional 200 bucks.

@Marco2G Your welcome.

I just hope that led in the base can be turned off, because that's freakin ugly (to me) ;).

1. I do not play FPS games. I also never play multiplayer, so I believe (!) I could live with 30 fps.

3. I don't think I want to do that. I'd have to scale back to 1080 oon a 4k display. That in between resolution will probably not look all that pretty. And if I do that, I might as well buy a 1080 monitor for 200 bucks. By the time I could play at 4k, those monitors will have become cheap enough that I won't have to worry about these additional 200 bucks.

I just hope that led in the base can be turned off, because that's freakin ugly (to me) ;).

If your cool with the frame rates go for 4k, G-sync might be asking a lot right now for a less expensive monitor. But 4k could certainly be done.

If you want it go for it, dont let people tell you its not good enough. ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro