Help me pick a Ryzen cpu.

Simple question here. Would y’all rather have a Ryzen 5 3600 for Current price, a Ryzen 7 1700 for $125, a 1600 for $83, or a 2700 for 160. They would all be used with the stock coolers they came with, I mostly game, and I’m looking for overall the best value. This is for the rig In my signature, and this motherboard could definitely handle all of them, however Ryzen 3000 compatibility is eh. 

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

4 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Simple question here. Would y’all rather have a Ryzen 5 3600 for Current price, a Ryzen 7 1700 for $125, a 1600 for $83, or a 2700 for 160. They would all be used with the stock coolers they came with, I mostly game, and I’m looking for overall the best value. This is for the rig In my signature, and this motherboard could definitely handle all of them, however Ryzen 3000 compatibility is eh. 

Get this Sandy Bridge and don't look back.  Best bang for your buck.. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its hella fast, just because its team red doesn't mean it's boolshit ya know.  Get this Sandy Bridge will do justice easily without breaking a sweat.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Hey mate!

Yes it does handle all the cpus... But you need to update your bios 1st, like asap if you feel like it! :P

About the subject... if I was you, 3600 would be my choise, just check some benchmarks... no can do... for the price it's amazing! ;)

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

4 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Get this Sandy Bridge and don't look back.  Best bang for your buck.. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its hella fast, just because its team red doesn't mean it's boolshit ya know.  Get this Sandy Bridge will do justice easily without breaking a sweat.

That was my cpu... I got a 3700x now... :P
I loved that guy! :S

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

13 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Oh I know how awesome sandy bridge is, I just already have a Ryzen system that I got for really cheap that needs a cpu upgrade

13 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Hey mate!

Yes it does handle all the cpus... But you need to update your bios 1st, like asap if you feel like it! :P

About the subject... if I was you, 3600 would be my choise, just check some benchmarks... no can do... for the price it's amazing! ;)

Yeah, I’ve got it all working on my 1300x, the update bios has less features for more compatibility and stuff, so I’m on the latest one that isn’t 3000 compatible. I don’t know if I can really justify the extra $75 over the 1700

25 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

asks for AMD gets intel forced down his throat

gg

5 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Yeah, I’ve got it all working on my 1300x, the update bios has less features for more compatibility and stuff, so I’m on the latest one that isn’t 3000 compatible. I don’t know if I can really justify the extra $75 over the 1700

Aight...

What about now? Did I changed you mind? :P

14 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Aight...

If my wallet was a little thicker, yes :)

46 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

stewie.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

If my wallet was a little thicker, yes :)

Call it an investement... I had a 2500k since he came out... and only changed now... sometimes you spend a few more money but the stuff last longer. I changed mostly because the wasn't keeping up, always at 100% and that was pushing me back in a lot of ways... discord breaking, fps breaks... etc.

Not sure if the 2500k suggestion is serious or not.

I would go with the 3600.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

23 minutes ago, MMKing said:

Not sure if the 2500k suggestion is serious or not.

I would go with the 3600.

It's turtle rig, posting stupid shit like this is pretty much standard operating procedure for him 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I went from a 1800x to the 3600 and it was a huge improvement gaming 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Seriously man, the improvement in single threaded performance is big with the 3rd gen ryzen. You get single threaded increase plus a clock speed increase. 

I game on a 144hz monitor and it’s a big jump from 1st to 3rd gen

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

Seriously man, the improvement in single threaded performance is big with the 3rd gen ryzen. You get single threaded increase plus a clock speed increase. 

I game on a 144hz monitor and it’s a big jump from 1st to 3rd gen

well, I just got a $75 gift card for bestbuy as a gift, so unless i can find something better, I'l be buying a 3600 with that. 

1 hour ago, RGProductions said:

well, I just got a $75 gift card for bestbuy as a gift, so unless i can find something better, I'l be buying a 3600 with that. 

Get the 3600, you’ll be happy with it. I don’t regret buying it at all. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

For what its worth the 2600 is a incredible value and in some tests and benchmarks it doesnt fall that far behind the 3600

If you are coming from first generation ryzen though go third gen as the performance and IPC gains that the zen2 platform has are insane, just make sure you have your BIOS updated first.

Since you have the 1300X yeah the 3600 will blow that thing out of the water

Aight...

Well keep in mind the 1700 and the 1700X are actually quite good sleeper gaming processors, as a former owner of one i have seen it actually improve in performance as games become more multicore/thread optimized.

Its only on single thread titles where the 1700/1700X really suffer, though even there its not too bad and under rated as a gaming processor.

As time moves on there is a good chance that the 1700 will look like a great gaming processor for more modern titles, especially if you can get one second hand, that things gonna shine once consoles become loaded with Zen2 and games will run on 8 cores and 16 threads.