First custom water loop

Hi! I'm totally new to watercooling, never even had an AIO so i could use some help..

Would this setup work in a corsair carbide 275R case without any issues and would the 240mm rad keep it cool enough?

Using a Ryzen 7 2700x and a radeon 5700 XT which is the reason im going to be doing watercooling, cause the thermals are just awful in the 5700 xt

1347758458_Screenshot(2).png.b0d6ac565df7a608de28fa96485f2af8.png

2 minutes ago, takithes said:

Hi! I'm totally new to watercooling, never even had an AIO so i could use some help..

Would this setup work in a corsair carbide 275R case without any issues and would the 240mm rad keep it cool enough?

Using a Ryzen 7 2700x and a radeon 5700 XT which is the reason im going to be doing watercooling, cause the thermals are just awful in the 5700 xt

1347758458_Screenshot(2).png.b0d6ac565df7a608de28fa96485f2af8.png

A 240mm rad would be the bare minimum requirement for a single CPU and GPU, ideally having another 240mm or a single 360mm is recommended. 

Overall that those selection of parts look good. 

IMO the D5 is not the right pump. Not like you need heaps of flow. A DDC has more pressure if you do need to actually get the flow through rads etc. It's also smaller. The designs are essentially the same.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

A 240mm rad would be the bare minimum requirement for a single CPU and GPU, ideally having another 240mm or a single 360mm is recommended. 

Overall that those selection of parts look good. 

so how would the second rad work in the loop, if i put the first one on the top and the second one in the front, do i just run tube going from the rad to the another or how ? and in that case would that pump be enough 

3 minutes ago, takithes said:

so how would the second rad work in the loop, if i put the first one on the top and the second one in the front, do i just run tube going from the rad to the another or how ? and in that case would that pump be enough 

Yup to the rads. and either pump should do the job effortlessly.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 minute ago, takithes said:

Yes you would essentially series the components and just add the second rad inline. That D5 pump will not have any issue at all, the thing that causes the most restrictions in a loop is the waterblock.

2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

IMO the D5 is not the right pump. Not like you need heaps of flow. A DDC has more pressure if you do need to actually get the flow through rads etc. It's also smaller. The designs are essentially the same.

The D5 is usually the best regarded for it’s silence compared to the DDC. Main benefit with the D5 is active cooling where the DDC needs to have heat sinking for long term reliability. 

Just now, keskparane said:

Yup. Either pump should do the job effortlessly.

how about the front rad, will it with in the case with the reservoir in the front aswell ( corsair carbide 275r ) cause looking at the case fans and the mounts for the reservoir it might not fit 

5 minutes ago, keskparane said:

rads dont really have much resistance, the blocks do though

5 minutes ago, takithes said:

pump would be fine, you just put the rad anywhere in the loop, dosnt matter as long as it gets water flow

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, takithes said:

how about the front rad, will it with in the case with the reservoir in the front aswell ( corsair carbide 275r ) cause looking at the case fans and the mounts for the reservoir it might not fit 

Depends. You'd have to do the measurements. Another reason why a DDC might be better, because it might fit here a D5 won't.

Depends on how you want your system. But for 1 example I would rather save 100 euro https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848737121.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6c324c4dTlA6n0

Only thing ill add is that you should go with a 360mm rad if u can fit it, if not then 2 x 240mm's.

if you do add another rad, ull need 2 more fittings aswell.

Dont forget fans for the rads, u want pressure optimized ones.

Personally i'd suggest the Noctua NF-A12X25, pritty much the best there is in terms of performance and noise, being that they are more or less silent at 1200rpm. But they are expensive.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

15 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Only thing ill add is that you should go with a 360mm rad if u can fit it, if not then 2 x 240mm's.

if you do add another rad, ull need 2 more fittings aswell.

Dont forget fans for the rads, u want pressure optimized ones.

Personally i'd suggest the Noctua NF-A12X25, pritty much the best there is in terms of performance and noise, being that they are more or less silent at 1200rpm. But they are expensive.

If i'll go with your suggestion should i be going with NF-A12X25 PVM or NF-A12X25 ULN or do they have much of a difference

6 minutes ago, takithes said:

If i'll go with your suggestion should i be going with NF-A12X25 PVM or NF-A12X25 ULN or do they have much of a difference

So Noctua has 3 versions.

PWM

ULN

FLX

ULN is ultra low noise and maxes out at 1200rpm. Its bassicaly a normal PWM model that just doesnt go faster than 1200.

The FLX is a 3pin variety that doesnt have the 4th PWM pin. It maxes out at 2000rpm

and the PWM version is 'normal' version that maxes out at 2000 rpm and has fully rpm control via a PWM header on a motherboard.

So if u can , get the PWM version.

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

im having a ton of trouble with the double radiator placement, and i was wondering would it be possible to put a 120 radiator in the back and 240 on top, would it be enough?

9 minutes ago, takithes said:

im having a ton of trouble with the double radiator placement, and i was wondering would it be possible to put a 120 radiator in the back and 240 on top, would it be enough?

Yes that would be good, ideally a singular longer rad is better than multiple shorter ones. If you are wanting to build a really serious loop it may be best to look into a slightly more equipped case for watercooling. 

49 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes that would be good, ideally a singular longer rad is better than multiple shorter ones. If you are wanting to build a really serious loop it may be best to look into a slightly more equipped case for watercooling. 

I mean like its sort of a short term solution for the temp issues and i prob will be upgrading it later ( get a bigger case, hard tubing etc.) but if it works with the 120mm + 240mm i'd be happy for now, and i know it seems like a stupid question but will 2m of tubing be enough ?

and another question on which im not sure about, is EK-Waterblocks EK-CryoFuel Clear a good coolant to but in or should i get something else, i'd love some recommendations

8 minutes ago, takithes said:

I mean like its sort of a short term solution for the temp issues and i prob will be upgrading it later ( get a bigger case, hard tubing etc.) but if it works with the 120mm + 240mm i'd be happy for now, and i know it seems like a stupid question but will 2m of tubing be enough ?

Being a relatively small case 2M will be good, and cryofuel is well regarded.

As for the case you should be able to fit a 360mm rad in the front without an issue actually. 

CC-9011133-WW_275R_glass_fan_diagram.png

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

Being a relatively small case 2M will be good, and cryofuel is well regarded.

As for the case you should be able to fit a 360mm rad in the front without an issue actually. 

CC-9011133-WW_275R_glass_fan_diagram.png

ye i was thinking that the rad would fit but should i be putting sort of outside the case on the front, i mean like between the front panel and the case and then the fans inside, cause if i put the rad and the fans inside both i dont think i can fit the reservoir in anymore, its kind of a poor explanation but i hope you'll get the point what i mean

I wouldn't recommend this radiator. The EK SE are among the worst performers on the market. If it's available in your area, I'd recommend you to buy a hwlabs gts.