Gtx Titan Waterblock

is it worth having my cpu and gpu watercooled in my itx case? or wud you rather go with h100i on the cpu  and a normal air cooled gtx Titan?

post-15990-0-45226700-1366896275_thumb.j

post-15990-0-54036300-1366896280_thumb.j

post-15990-0-45226700-1366896275_thumb.j

post-15990-0-54036300-1366896280_thumb.j

I don't have extensive experience, but I would say if you're going to do your own loop at all just do it for both.  I think it would look weird with an AIO cooler, and then a custom loop for the GPU.  The sticky in the liquid cooling section says it well, "water cooling is never worth it" and that's true based on pricing and what you're doing.  If you just wanted to cool the CPU, go for an AIO cooler like the H100i you mentioned.  I use it, it's awesome!  If you think you wanna liquid cool the GPU, go for both and at that point you'll have a quiet and cooled machine.  Money wise, yes it is expensive though, and you will def have to get creative depending on the iTx case you wanna use.

GPU boost 2 makes it illogical not to watercool if you have the choice. You will get lower temps and a hassle free performance boost.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

With that said, Titan performs so well and runs so quiet even without water cooling that it's not the end of the world to have it air cooled.

Mind you, so do modern CPUs...

If you're building in a prodigy though, I guess you might as well go custom loop. There's so much room.

If you wanted more expansion though there are mATX cases with the same internal volume as the prodigy that will give you more upgrade options in the future.

With that said, Titan performs so well and runs so quiet even without water cooling that it's not the end of the world to have it air cooled.

Mind you, so do modern CPUs...

If you're building in a prodigy though, I guess you might as well go custom loop. There's so much room.

If you wanted more expansion though there are mATX cases with the same internal volume as the prodigy that will give you more upgrade options in the future.

If you buy a graphics card for $1000 a water-block will not break the bank and will give you more "bang for your buck" or "frames per dollar" with the water block price included.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I would have to say, if your going with a Titan, watercool that B***h! i mean, Ghost ^ has a point, if you have a waterblock on the titan, it should work a little cooler and since it attempts to run at 80c having it cooled better means it will run at higher clocks to get to that 80c. 

BTW, SERIOUSLY EPIC FORUM NOW!

I would have to say, if your going with a Titan, watercool that B***h! i mean, Ghost ^ has a point, if you have a waterblock on the titan, it should work a little cooler and since it attempts to run at 80c having it cooled better means it will run at higher clocks to get to that 80c. 

BTW, SERIOUSLY EPIC FORUM NOW!

okay, but if the titan wants to go up toi 80c... does that mean that the cooling liquid will be hot as truck? wil my cpu become very hot then? im new to watercooling :P

linus responded to my post, made my week <3

okay, but if the titan wants to go up toi 80c... does that mean that the cooling liquid will be hot as truck? wil my cpu become very hot then? im new to watercooling :P

linus responded to my post, made my week <3

The other limits will kick in. Your card will be dead before it hits 80C on water.

Most likely it will hit the voltage cap, if not then it will hit the power cap.

The other limits will kick in. Your card will be dead before it hits 80C on water.

so do i have to do something about it or does the titan have an overclock limit when watercooled?

so do i have to do something about it or does the titan have an overclock limit when watercooled?

The titan won't kill itself. It has saftey limits in place by default for warranty reasons. To  pass them you have to sacrifice it.

Look it up tough, I'm sure theres plenty of info out there. I wouldn't risk a $1000 gpu based on something someone on a forum told you.

The titan won't kill itself. It has saftey limits in place by default for warranty reasons. To  pass them you have to sacrifice it.

Look it up tough, I'm sure theres plenty of info out there. I wouldn't risk a $1000 gpu based on something someone on a forum told you.

yea, im watching youtube about installing waterblock and some more stuff about it.

Im scared of doing watercooling on my Titan, what if i break it, ofc im going to rechearch a lot before doing it 1 :P :D

I don't have absolute numbers but just like anything else we use in our systems there is a shutdown point. The card will black screen your system before it ever destroys itself in MOST cases.<br /><br />Will the Titan heat your liquid to 80C? Like mentioned above your card will shutdown before it has the chance to actually heat liquid up that much. If you're liquid cooling your Titan it is going to dissipate heat before it has a chance to rise above 55C under load. Don't take these numbers as a standard to go by, they are merely examples. I figure in most cases, individuals who are liquid cooling GPU's probably see temps under load between 40-55C depending on the loop if not lower than that.<br /><br />That air cooler on the Titan is sexy as hell though. I'd keep that thing even if you liquid cool it, cool novelty to hang on the wall or something.

There is an awesome sticky thread about this in this section. Read it and then revisit this thread. You should also watch the NCIX tech tips watercooling videos in that thread.

To answer your question," Can a titan reach 80C while watercooled?"

Yes, if your loop is severely inadequate or the block isn't seated correctly or there is air in the loop, etc...... Generally video cards run up through 90c on air and work fine. Do I recommend running your card that hot? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But, that is just my opinion.

Lower temps are one reason people go under water and silence is another. So do your research on how much heat your parts put out and then decide on how much radiator you need.

I am so jelly of your Titan!!

There is an awesome sticky thread about this in this section. Read it and then revisit this thread. You should also watch the NCIX tech tips watercooling videos in that thread.

Yes, if your loop is severely inadequate or the block isn't seated correctly or there is air in the loop, etc...... Generally video cards run up through 90c on air and work fine. Do I recommend running your card that hot? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But, that is just my opinion.

Lower temps are one reason people go under water and silence is another. So do your research on how much heat your parts put out and then decide on how much radiator you need.

The water in your loop will NOT reach 80C, 

The water in a loop will never reach 80C, in fact in most cases it will barely heat up at all the water flows fast enough through the loop that it can dissipate heat in the radiators almost as fast as it is picking it up through convection by the time the coolant itself starts to heat up significantly your components will be hitting the shutoffs to prevent damage and you have some serious issues.

OP To answer your question if you can afford to drop that much on a GPU go for it and get a decent loop going, Personally Id suggest looking  the XSPC Razor Titan block,  id also suggest M-ATX or ATX case, even in cases like the Prodigy while you can fit a loop there are M-ATX cases with similar internal volume as Linus said that can offer superior options for expansion  

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Just air cool the Titan unless you can actually fit a cpu and gpu loop in such a small case go for it.

You can easily fit a loop in a case like that. :)

You shouldn't have even had to ask! This is the watercooling sub-forum!! Haha good luck with your build. :P

Yeah, it's either power or voltage that keeps the card from clocking higher. While watercooling does fix the throttling problem common found on Titans, it doesn't give a whole ton of headroom. You may gain an extra 100+Mhz though due to the card no longer throttling (Cards are known to throttle below the power and thermal limits set in Precision and Afterburner.) As watercooling a Titan, they stay extremely cool. Running two Titans on an Alphacool UT60 140.3 and a Monsta 120.2 my cards rarely see above 38C even with ambients in the mid 20s.

I would go for a CPU GPU water loop, it would look tidier and be quieter.

You could always buy a CPU block and just do a CPU loop, till you feel comfortable in the world or water cooling. you can add a GPU block later, leaving you open to other options. If you do water cool the GPU, you might need 2 radiators in there(which will fit in the prodigy)  here a video of linus water cooling prodigy build :)

http://youtu.be/_lNTEO4-yHs

I would go for a CPU GPU water loop, it would look tidier and be quieter.

You could always buy a CPU block and just do a CPU loop, till you feel comfortable in the world or water cooling. you can add a GPU block later, leaving you open to other options. If you do water cool the GPU, you might need 2 radiators in there(which will fit in the prodigy)  here a video of linus water cooling prodigy build :)

yea, ive seen the video now, do you think it will be nessecary to have an own fan directing heat out of the case? and will it fit?

Having a GPU under the water makes it a lot harder to swap out GPU's :/ i'd have to drain and refill the loop whenever i wanted a new card, also buy a new block for it.

That being said, still option 2, It'd be fun ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Having a GPU under the water makes it a lot harder to swap out GPU's :/ i'd have to drain and refill the loop whenever i wanted a new card, also buy a new block for it.

That being said, still option 2, It'd be fun ;)

Very true. Watercooling makes upgrades a bitch (, excuses my language).

I don't have my GPU's under liquid yet, and although it might turn a once plug and play operation into a "plan of action" I can't see how it's something to be seen as a loathed obligation.  Perhaps I'm just one of those guy that likes to tinker, but I would like the maintenance aspect of refreshing my LC'd loop when swapping to a new card.  I don't upgrade my GPU or CPU EVERY generation though either.