Link Aggregation Between 3 Devices

Alright first time on here but I've been searching for about an hour and a half and haven't found something related to what I am trying to do so if anyone would like to help that would be fantastic. (and I apologize if this isn't in the right section or something, I tried to find the best place for it)

Ok, so I have as follows:

- Netgear CM1150V Multi-gig Modem

- Netgear Nighthawk R8000P (X6s) Router

- Dell Powerconnect 2724 Managed Network Switch

All 3 have the ability to use Link Aggregation, The modem has 4 gigabit ports to pull from (I believe only ports 1 & 2 can link aggregate though), the switch can Link Aggregate from any of the 24 ports (I believe), but the router only has the one pair (port 1 & 2) configured to use link aggregation. Basically I want to know if it is possible to get everything wired up together using link aggregation. I also have a server running that I'll be using link aggregation with using the switch but that part is the easier part haha. Now I am still a little new to the more advanced networking stuff, i know a little bit but not a lot so if I am missing something painfully obvious then I apologize but if someone could help me out that would be fantastic. Just trying to get everything hooked up correctly to get the best possible speeds between all devices in home and out (even though I do realize anything out of home is all based on my isp and I am fine with that, just want to optimize speeds in home mainly)

I don't post to these things very often so if I missed something that would help you guys out then let me know and I'll get you that info as soon as I can.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MotoCP said:

Netgear CM1150V Multi-gig Modem

Im not familure with that modem, is a a standard Cable modem/eMTA or is it a gateway?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, MotoCP said:

I think it is a standard Cable modem but it supports multi-gig connection. Here is the link to the product site>>  https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM1150V.aspx

Your router seems to do link aggregation on LAN not WAN. That will be an issue. Also Link aggregation on the modem side has to be enabled by the ISP. It was not a feature that was finished when these modems were released. So ISP's have to push the required firmware to the modems. I have heard Comcast has done this with at least a few D3.1 modems. As the D3.1 spec goes up to 10 Gbps. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Your router seems to do link aggregation on LAN not WAN. That will be an issue. Also Link aggregation on the modem side has to be enabled by the ISP. It was not a feature that was finished when these modems were released. So ISP's have to push the required firmware to the modems. I have heard Comcast has done this with at least a few D3.1 modems. As the D3.1 spec goes up to 10 Gbps. 

Alright well that's good to know at least, I'll be in contact with them tomorrow probably to figure that out. But as far as actual setup/wiring, do you have any suggestions? Because I could do the LAG from modem to router, but the router as far as I can tell only has the one pair of LAG ports so I wouldn't be able to use the LAG from the router to the switch and from the switch to the rest of my peripherals (server and such that support LAG)

1 minute ago, MotoCP said:

Alright well that's good to know at least, I'll be in contact with them tomorrow probably to figure that out. But as far as actual setup/wiring, do you have any suggestions? Because I could do the LAG from modem to router, but the router as far as I can tell only has the one pair of LAG ports so I wouldn't be able to use the LAG from the router to the switch and from the switch to the rest of my peripherals (server and such that support LAG)

Not an expert when it comes to LAG, but you kinda need LAG on WAN and LAN. WAN so you can use NAT for multiple devices, because as you indicated its a standard cable modem with no router built in and your ISP only gives 1 IPv4 address, unless you pay for more. Then you need LAG on the LAN side so you can connect your Swtich. Id imagine that if the router and switch both support 10 Gbps, then you could get around needing LAG on LAN. 

If I recall correctly a lot of people doing LAG on the D3.1 modems were using Edge routers and such as they can be configured for that. Hell my Synology Rt2600 AC supports dual WAN, not sure if it does LAG, but it does support dual WAN.