AMD 3900 and Asus X570 XIII Crosshair Hero need memory recommendations.

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Hmm do you really believe in gaming RAM ?

Um......... You do you bring the completely unrelated talkingpoint of the marketing surrounding "gaming" to a discussion about Ram? Where you have multiple times missrepresented Ram and what is important. 

@Myk3_Fury to make it really short.

You are looking for these things:

1. The kit is market with cl16 or lower in terms of timings
  2. 3000mhz or higher in terms of speed, but below 3733mhz

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Um......... You do you bring the completely unrelated talkingpoint of the marketing surrounding "gaming" to a discussion about Ram? Where you have multiple times missrepresented Ram and what is important. 

Dude I ask you a question and said I like you Im not trying to be a smart alec I want you to educate me not a harsh response ya know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

7 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Dude I ask you a question and said I like you Im not trying to be a smart alec I want you to educate me not a harsh response ya know.

You quote me. Which is usually to respond to that quote.

And then you ask this:

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Hmm do you really believe in gaming RAM ?

Which is a complete sidestep into me trying to clear up stuff you said. 

Im completely fine by teaching a couple of things. 

7 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Dude I ask you a question

Did not seem like a question in the context of what you were responding to. 

Edit: it seemed like a stab at me at some point in the past stating ive said "gaming" ram is better. Whicj i havent done. Which seemed like an attempt tl discredit me by attaching a false claim to me. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You quote me. Which is usually to respond to that quote.

And then you ask this:

Which is a complete sidestep into me trying to clear up stuff you said. 

Im completely fine by teaching a couple of things. 

Did not seem like a question in the context of what you were responding to. 

Im in the discussioni and know stuff,  But Im sure your a guru mater with the ammount of posts you got. ,, so this is why I asked you about the why they call it gaming RAM.  Maybe I shouldn't said that.  I truley apologize GoldenLag ,, your the man!!!!!!!!! I like you,, were not enemies lol.  I just qouted you because people in the beginnging always told me to quote them so they get a notification  . sorry for any trouble.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just go with a 3200 cl14

Gskill Flare X if you don't want RGB. 

F4-3200C14D-16GFX

It's like around $134 and better then the trash people will tell you to buy because "buy the same ram I have then we can be ram buddys!" 

That ram is right at the sweet spot for Ryzen 3XXX. It clocks pretty nice and can pull some pretty tight timings.  It's good stuff. 

I ran that kit 3600 cl13.  3800 cl14.  And topped the kit out at 3900 cl20.  It's a great kit and definitely worth $134 . 

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

so this is why I asked you about the why they call it gaming RAM

Its literally just marketing. Nothing else to it.

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

But Im sure your a guru mater with the ammount of posts you got.

Post count does not equal knowlage. Im far from a gure om the matter. Ive only really collected surface level info regarding stuff. As such i try to keep to stuff i know to be the case.

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Im in the discussioni and know stuff

Yes you know stuff, just dont claim stuff you havent looked into properly. 

This might be a discussion, but just create a post asking questions about stuff you want to know. Make it short and no walls of text. Ideally its nice to keep on topic while trying to help OP. Hence me trying to keep it short at first, but had to gl out of my way to avoid people like yourself spreading misconceptions regarding Ram.

1 minute ago, bignaz said:

ran that kit 3600 cl13.  3800 cl14.  And topped the kit out at 3900 cl20.  It's a great kit and definitely worth $134

Ram overclocking ks very much down to kit to kit variance. The memmory controller on the CPU and the trace layout and how much Ram you have in the system.

Id just follow the guide here with ryzen 3rd gen:

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If you want to do real Ram overclocking. Then you would know what to get, but for those interested it would probably Micron E die to get the best results. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its literally just marketing. Nothing else to it.

Post count does not equal knowlage. Im far from a gure om the matter. Ive only really collected surface level info regarding stuff. As such i try to keep to stuff i know to be the case.

Yes you know stuff, just dont claim stuff you havent looked into properly. 

This might be a discussion, but just create a post asking questions about stuff you want to know. Make it short and no walls of text. Ideally its nice to keep on topic while trying to help OP. Hence me trying to keep it short at first, but had to gl out of my way to avoid people like yourself spreading misconceptions regarding Ram.

You have 3 x my post,, I joined in September of 2018 and I love this.  I want it to be all love.  Its not like I commited a sin against you or killed you or called you a adulterer.. I just with a question said what I did....Gaming RAM means RGB and very good overclockablty I know that.  So if he wants RGB and a possible stable overclock then get a good latency kit like you said earlier.  But still I believe 3200Mhz is the sweet spot.  On the demo I saw cut into 3 sections ,,, the differencfe between 2666Mhz to 3200Mhz especially for AMD is a good difference.  But going from 3200 to 3600 , will just or hoepfully not, but it may cause instability.  I mean sure you can up the voltage of the RAM and lower the frequency for tighter timings.  He doesnt seem like a tweaker like us,, So I don't think he wants to go into BIOS and overclock it to 3600or 3700Mhz like you said.  I still don't know what CPU he has, AMD 3200 is no brainer.  Intel you can get away with 2666Mhz and 3000Mhz now a days.  Hope I said that the right way.

45 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

-snip- but for those interested it would probably Micron E die to get the best results. 

No, it's still Samsung b-die for best results.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

All I wanted was for some good memory recommendations. I'm not going to overclock the RAM. And I could care less about RGB.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Also i would suggest going for the creation board instead. Or the cheaper Taichi board. Unless you really want to pay the Asus tax at the high end.

Why? 

Legit question? I'm thinking about switching to the MEG ACE but am curious why you recommend the Creation? I thought about that board as well.. 

The Taichi I wouldn't exactly recommend for anyone interested in RGB or using the USB C header.. The Taichi and Phantom Gaming X both only have one addressable header for RGB which is quite sad, honestly and the Type C header is in the way of the first GPU slot so you either don't use the header or you use the second GPU slot. I've now seen 2 people complain about that and one was on this forum and they also complained about the RAM so I am definitely turned off of this board at the moment and this IS a board I wanted (Phantom Gaming X)!

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

You have 3 x my post,, I joined in September of 2018 and I love this.  I want it to be all love.  Its not like I commited a sin against you or killed you or called you a adulterer.. I just with a question said what I did....Gaming RAM means RGB and very good overclockablty I know that.  So if he wants RGB and a possible stable overclock then get a good latency kit like you said earlier.  But still I believe 3200Mhz is the sweet spot.  On the demo I saw cut into 3 sections ,,, the differencfe between 2666Mhz to 3200Mhz especially for AMD is a good difference.  But going from 3200 to 3600 , will just or hoepfully not, but it may cause instability.  I mean sure you can up the voltage of the RAM and lower the frequency for tighter timings.  He doesnt seem like a tweaker like us,, So I don't think he wants to go into BIOS and overclock it to 3600or 3700Mhz like you said.  I still don't know what CPU he has, AMD 3200 is no brainer.  Intel you can get away with 2666Mhz and 3000Mhz now a days.  Hope I said that the right way.

3600 is actually the sweet spot for Ryzen 3000. Cl16 is preferred but Cl18 is fine. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

7 hours ago, Myk3_Fury said:

Rookie question but isn't 3600 better than 3200?

In this case yes even amd has said with ryzen 3000 the sweet spot is 3600-to your 3700 anything more you see no real gain and anything less you can see anywhere from 5-8% perf decreases. In my case I got corsair rgb pro 3200, why 3200? Cause the rgb pro has Samsung b die in them and I could hit 3733 no prob with one timing change and a small bump in voltage. Probably could get more but never tried

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
    Corsair pro rgb 16gb 3400 oc stock timings
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

1 hour ago, Myk3_Fury said:

Any final suggestions?

Just get 2x16gb @ 3600 since AMD said that would be the sweet spot.  There have been no benchmarks yet showing the actual differences on that, at least as far as I am aware. Also make sure that they are on the mainboard supported list.

Derbauer a side comment in one of his video's saying that there was little difference between 3200 and 3600 though, that's all I know about it.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

8 hours ago, nick name said:

No, it's still Samsung b-die for best results.  

Didnt E-die just take the world record?

Aswell its made to put less stress on the memmory controller.

7 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

I'm thinking about switching to the MEG ACE but am curious why you recommend the Creation?

Creation is oke of the boards at the expencive pricepoint where is has the features and IO.

7 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

The Taichi I wouldn't exactly recommend for anyone interested in RGB or using the USB C header.. 

Taichi is also the best board at the 300$ pricepoint. Its got some "meh" things, but its otherwise unbeatable at its pricepoint atm.

7 hours ago, Myk3_Fury said:

All I wanted was for some good memory recommendations. I'm not going to overclock the RAM. And I could care less about RGB.

3 hours ago, Myk3_Fury said:

Any final suggestions?

Since you really only need 3000mhz.

I allready made a list for what to look for since you really dont need any special Ram.

9 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

And then just look for the cheaoest kit and not waste any money.

1 hour ago, Leanora said:

Just get 2x16gb @ 3600 since AMD said that would be the sweet spot

There is a hefty premium to get 3600mhz memmory over 3000mhz. So i dont see why you would go for it, since it gives such a minor uplift in performance. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

There is a hefty premium to get 3600mhz memmory over 3000mhz. So i dont see why you would go for it, since it gives such a minor uplift in performance. 

In all honesty I do not know how it will work out since I have not seen any benchmarks regarding that. If you have them I would LOVE to see it since I'm looking into upgrading as well. As far as I am aware is that all we have now is AMD's word on that 3600 is the sweet spot.  And yes, that can be taken with a grain of salt so you might very well be right but again we do not know till someone properly test it and show the benchmarks. 

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

13 minutes ago, Leanora said:

In all honesty I do not know how it will work out since I have not seen any benchmarks regarding that. If you have them I would LOVE to see it since I'm looking into upgrading as well. As far as I am aware is that all we have now is AMD's word on that 3600 is the sweet spot.  And yes, that can be taken with a grain of salt so you might very well be right but again we do not know till someone properly test it and show the benchmarks. 

Going from current knowlage and benchmarks. There is no real point going above 3000mhz. Especially fue tl the rapid increase in cost past that point. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Going from current knowlage and benchmarks. There is no real point going above 3000mhz. Especially fue tl the rapid increase in cost past that point. 

So you've found benchmarks related to the dimm speeds, GREAT. Please share! :D

6 minutes ago, Leanora said:

So you've found benchmarks related to the dimm speeds, GREAT. Please share! :D

I mean, youtube is a thing. 

But im still waiting for Gamers nexus or hardware unboxed to post more trustworthy benchmarks. 

There is some increase past 3000mhz. But not really worth the increase in cost. 

Again i am still waiting for more trustworthy benchmarks. 

16 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

-snip- but for those interested it would probably Micron E die to get the best results. 

But as you know it isn't simply speed that makes for fast RAM.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

26 minutes ago, nick name said:

But as you know it isn't simply speed that makes for fast RAM.  

i know, but it also usually means you can lower the timings aswell.