Thermaltake V200 TG RGB SSD mounting

Sam.MP4
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
13 hours ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Alright thanks! So I should be all good now with the included screws right? Do they sell screws at stores like home depo, etc? so worst case I can go buy screws there.

They do to the best of my knowledge. they might not be powder coated black though ? 

Hello I am going to be working on a new budget build at the beginning of August. My case is the TT V200 TG RGB and I cannot figure out how I am supposed to put in an SSD I have asked several people and they say, "Screw it in from the back." which isn't very helpful. I tried looking at the manual and that is not very helpful. If somebody can tell me how to do it or inter-prate the manual that would be very helpful.

Annotation 2019-07-17 105330.jpg

Annotation 2019-07-17 105442.jpg

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

What aren't you understanding specifically?

You place the ssd where you would like on that rack, and insert the screws from the back side of the case.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

12 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What aren't you understanding specifically?

You place the ssd where you would like on that rack, and insert the screws from the back side of the case.

How you actually mount it because there is no tray and there is nowhere for the screws to stay in place. Also the case accessories on the manual doesn’t have any listing for 2.5 inch ssd only 2 3.5 HDD

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

2 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

How you actually mount it because there is no tray and there is nowhere for the screws to stay in place. Also the case accessories on the manual doesn’t have any listing for 2.5 inch ssd only 2 3.5 HDD

The screws will stay in tight between the metal tray and the ssd.

All listings for the case pronounce it supports 3 2.5" SSD's, which are shown in that picture above.

So you'll just do something like this:

image.png.fa36ad5c2571ac8ba7e7dc3f2dbc29bd.png

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

The screws will stay in tight between the metal tray and the ssd.

All listings for the case pronounce it supports 3 2.5" SSD's, which are shown in that picture above.

So you'll just do something like this:

image.png.fa36ad5c2571ac8ba7e7dc3f2dbc29bd.png

Very sorry for bothering you again, but if you look at the back side of a case there is no gap for any screws. If you could mark up the back side of the case so I can see what you mean that would be helpful. 

D67047FA-C98A-4D06-A3E7-847AE93F834F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Very sorry for bothering you again, but if you look at the back side of a case there is no gap for any screws. If you could mark up the back side of the case so I can see what you mean that would be helpful. 

You line up the holes on the SSD and put the screws in through these

image.png.a62baa15992a0aebc26f082ae5b9f994.png

I am going to be building in the Thermaltake V200 TG RGB and I am going to have an ssd. According to the accessories list it does not have M3 screws. Does anybody know if they forgot to put them in or if it’s legitimately not there?

-Threads merged-

(These discussions are close enough that they should remain on the same thread)

24 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

I am going to be building in the Thermaltake V200 TG RGB and I am going to have an ssd. According to the accessories list it does not have M3 screws. Does anybody know if they forgot to put them in or if it’s legitimately not there?

The manual lists 12 m3 screws for "motherboard". That's definitely incorrect, I assume many of them are also for the SSD installation.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

-Threads merged-

(These discussions are close enough that they should remain on the same thread)

The manual lists 12 m3 screws for "motherboard". That's definitely incorrect, I assume many of them are also for the SSD installation.

Well for an ATX motherboard you use 9 screws and then you would have three left and you need four I think for an SSD. Do you think it’s possible they just messed up the accessories? Sorry if my questions are kind of dumb I am a first time builder. I never realized that the screws for the motherboard say m3 screws. Do you think it’s possible they just messed up with the accessories list @TVwazhere

I think they messed up because it says the tempered glass is held in with one screw but it Is held in with four 

BD46474D-71CD-494F-8431-2940FDC878B4.jpeg

Edited by Sam.MP4

38 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Well for an ATX motherboard you use 9 screws and then you would have three left and you need four I think for an SSD. Do you think it’s possible they just messed up the accessories? Sorry if my questions are kind of dumb I am a first time builder. I never realized that the screws for the motherboard say m3 screws. Do you think it’s possible they just messed up with the accessories list @TVwazhere

I think they messed up because it says the tempered glass is held in with one screw but it Is held in with four 

Yes I think their count is wrong. I used a Thermaltake Versa H18 TG in Blue Build 2018, and even though it was an mATX it had way more than 12 M3 screws for both motherboard mounting and SSD's. I would expect the count to be closer to 20. That, or they have special adapters for the SSD mounts like pegs (I've seen this method used on some CoolerMaster cases) but they didnt list them as accessories by mistake.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes I think their count is wrong. I used a Thermaltake Versa H18 TG in Blue Build 2018, and even though it was an mATX it had way more than 12 M3 screws for both motherboard mounting and SSD's. I would expect the count to be closer to 20. That, or they have special adapters for the SSD mounts like pegs (I've seen this method used on some CoolerMaster cases) but they didnt list them as accessories by mistake.

Thank you! That was very helpful. Just one follow up question do you think they also labeled it wrong too? I don’t think M3 screw would go into the standoffs. Sorry to bother you.

1 hour ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Thank you! That was very helpful. Just one follow up question do you think they also labeled it wrong too? I don’t think M3 screw would go into the standoffs. Sorry to bother you.

The standoffs are labeled as m3, but also 6-32". I think both are used in standoffs, so it's hard to say which is which 

23 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The standoffs are labeled as m3, but also 6-32". I think both are used in standoffs, so it's hard to say which is which 

Alright thanks! So I should be all good now with the included screws right? Do they sell screws at stores like home depo, etc? so worst case I can go buy screws there.

13 hours ago, Sam.MP4 said:

They do to the best of my knowledge. they might not be powder coated black though ? 

• 9 months later...
On 7/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, Sam.MP4 said:

Can you submit a photo of how you installed your SSD? Just so I can have a reference? I want to install mine that I am getting here very soon/ Please and thank you so very much!