I need to know how this works

Irrelevant storyline: 

A Hotel in Italy provides access to a shared pool, shared with 3 other hotels. At checkin you receive a wristband, similar to what you get at festivals, etc.. When you want to go in the pool, you have to put the band on your wrist, and scan it at a walkthrough cross thing, similar to london underground or at the airport.

Question:

Does someone of you guys know what kind of technology is used for this system? Maybe you can recognise it from the pictuere provided. 

The wristband is essentially made of plastic, Yellow color on the outside, white on the inside. on the wider part, there is (maybe printed) the name of the pool area displayed. On the inside of the wider part, there is a circuit looking thing, which seems to be the part of the access technology used. If you know some details about this technology plesase, share even if you are not 100% sure.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for possible language mistakes and stupidness. 

(I thought it could be something RFID related)

Thanks for the help,

Cracmeister

IMG_20190716_175828.jpg

It's RFID .... the scanner constantly emits some pulses which the antenna picks up and basically that's enough to convert into energy that charges a tiny capacitor inside the chip. The chip then has enough energy to send a few bytes back ... that's all.

probably RFID, possibly NFC (not very likely). You can get an arduino shield that can read and reprogram these tags. I just hope you don't do anything malicious like make tags for places you're not supposed to be.

ASU