Monster gratitude In ear monitors w/ mic (AKA monster product that doesn't sound like poo) for 60$ instead of 230$ MSRP [US]

hawaiims

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Cable-Gratitude-In-ear-Headphones/dp/B0057X4TWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390950542&sr=8-2&keywords=monster+gratitude

Haven't tried them myself, but some people on head-fi who've tried them out said they are great sounding IEMs for the price. They are definitely not worth 230$ because there are much better alternatives for the price, but for 60$ they are apparently a fantastic value. 

Perhaps it could be used as a cheap IEM headset for gaming because of it's mic? Oh and did I mention they come with an insane amount of 11 different sized pairs of eartips? 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Ugh. Dat color. Its a perfect match for those who love noctua. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Always a good laugh to see products discounted at these rates. What does that say about their original prices? 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Always a good laugh to see products discounted at these rates. What does that say about their original prices?

a lot of times, esecially for black friday, original prices are bumped up and the sale prices are the "normal price" to make it seem like a good deal, ie:

Week before black friday, tv for $500

Black friday: original price: 1k, sale price $500, 50% "off"

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

a lot of times, esecially for black friday, original prices are bumped up and the sale prices are the "normal price" to make it seem like a good deal, ie:

Week before black friday, tv for $500

Black friday: original price: 1k, sale price $500, 50% "off"

I gotta agree you nailed this one. I've seen this happen far to many times.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ugh. Dat color. Its a perfect match for those who love noctua. 

I love noctua and I think these look like terrible

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

Audio stuff has always had an extremely high margin.
Speaking of margins, have you ever seen the margin for cologne? It's insane. Cost is 1000x less than retail most of the time.

I have the same ear buds but the Yao Ming version. Got them from Visions for $30 on Boxing Day a couple years ago. Down from $250.

For $30, they're amazing. Blows everything else in its price range out of the water.

I'd never pay anything near the retail price for them though.

I'd also get a pair of Comply ear tips.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Audio stuff has always had an extremely high margin.

Speaking of margins, have you ever seen the margin for cologne? It's insane. Cost is 1000x less than retail most of the time.

I have the same ear buds but the Yao Ming version. Got them from Visions for $30 on Boxing Day a couple years ago. Down from $250.

For $30, they're amazing. Blows everything else in its price range out of the water.

I'd never pay anything near the retail price for them though.

I'd also get a pair of Comply ear tips.

yep totally. Audio components don't cost much to manufacture, and high end audio makers for the most part make a killing. Imagine the amount of money that a company like beats must make! (they singlehandedly own about 80% of the >100$ headphone market, which is absolutely insane! and sad at the same time...) 

And these monster gratitudes are fantastic for the price (although like you said they are not worth anywhere near 250$ at all), but I am fully aware of the fact that while the price is only a quarter of the MSRP, this is by no means a limited time only deal, because the price has been constant at around 60$ for a couple months now, probably due to low sales (likely because earth wind & fire isn't as popular as certain rappers anymore and not much marketing power is direct at these IEMs) 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

yep totally. Audio components don't cost much to manufacture, and high end audio makers for the most part make a killing. Imagine the amount of money that a company like beats must make! (they singlehandedly own about 80% of the >100$ headphone market, which is absolutely insane! and sad at the same time...) 

And these monster gratitudes are fantastic for the price (although like you said they are not worth anywhere near 250$ at all), but I am fully aware of the fact that while the price is only a quarter of the MSRP, this is by no means a limited time only deal, because the price has been constant at around 60$ for a couple months now, probably due to low sales (likely because earth wind & fire isn't as popular as certain rappers anymore and not much marketing power is direct at these IEMs) 

Case and point, Focal Utopia EM's. $270,000 for a pair of speakers. Yeah, I understand R&D costs but...really?

That's the same price as 2 fairly decent houses in the US Mid West.

I'm not even a fan of Beats. Even though Monster designed all of their stuff and simply attached their name to it.

The only reason I bought mine was the flat cable. Love it. Will never buy another IEM without it.

I actually looked at the Gratitudes when I was shopping around, but the color..just..no.

I do wish they'd make more without an inline mic. I understand why they're there but I don't use them nor have a desire to have it sitting there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Case and point, Focal Utopia EM's. $270,000 for a pair of speakers. Yeah, I understand R&D costs but...really?

That's the same price as 2 fairly decent houses in the US Mid West.

Products like that are for multi-millionaires. If I had $50m in the bank, I would spend that much on speakers. Why not? I would pay for the final 2-3% of the ultimate performance because I could and care enough about audio quality to do it. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I would not buy these if you paid me.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless