Gateron vs Cherry MX

Lately more and more MKB start using Gateron even till the point some doesn't have the choice of Cherry MX , like Glorious MKB. They are either Kailh or Gateron. 

As I know more and more people starting to favor Gateron because it's cheaper for one. Secondly people like then because how it " feels " better than Cherry MX. 

But in reality, I've seen some really negative feedbacks from Gateron as well. 

As how they aren't equally created, some keys may make a different sound or even sounded noisy over a other. 

The Stems are lot cheaper, than Cherry MX, it wobbles. 

Durability isn't so good either I heard. Matter of fact I remember seeing Varmilo had Gateron switches, if you do pick Gateron warranty is not provided. 

But all these are experience of someone mentioned on the internet it could be entirely false or a minor case only happened to few unlucky people ? 

I would like to hear the opinion of any long term users. What's your experience like ? I'm most worry is the quality of the switches not how it " feels ". 

Gateron offers cheap switches like their black/milky housing switches to very highend switches like zeal switches and gateron ink switches. In general, gateron switches smoother than most cherry switches while at a cheaper cost, usually on par with a retooled black switch. However, there are some downsides to the cheaper gateron switches such as wobble and arguably bad sound (cherry housings sound the best imo), which is less of an issue on the higher end switches like zeal v2s. Stems are not cheaper or made any worse than cherry stems, the wobble comes from the housing. I myself have used plenty of gateron switches mostly without issue, I have used: Gateron Blacks (Milky Housings), c3 tangerine switches, R4 & R11 Zealio v1 67g, V1 Teaios, Sakurios, V2 Zilent 62g, Zealio v2 67g, Gateron Ink. Only gateron switches that have issues have I've encountered or heard of are with gateron silent switches, namely early healios batches and the cheaper gateron offerings, however, those seem to been retooled/fixed. 

How long have you been using Gateron ? More than 2 - 3 Years or less? If it's more than 3 Years are all the switches on that board still working ? 

And honestly Cherry switches aren't that expensive either I remember seeing you can get like 10X 10 Piece Pack for mere 8 - 10$. 

EDIT : Only 5$ if you buy 10++ packs. 

1 hour ago, gh0st47 said:

How long have you been using Gateron ? More than 2 - 3 Years or less? If it's more than 3 Years are all the switches on that board still working ? 

And honestly Cherry switches aren't that expensive either I remember seeing you can get like 10X 10 Piece Pack for mere 8 - 10$. 

EDIT : Only 5$ if you buy 10++ packs. 

Cherry switches are probably in the mid-range market, they're usually more expensive most gateron switches, but cheaper than the premium gateron boutique switches like zeals or inks. 1USD/Switch is considered expensive. 

I have a Gateron Red keeb that I've used off and on for about a year and a half. Feels about the same as my friend's MX Red and I haven't noticed any degradation or durability issues yet.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

8 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

I've been using Zeal switches for a several years and they are holding up well. I cant say about the cheep Gaterons though. I wouldn't be concerned about longevity at all as cheep as switches are it really don't matter.

8 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

You can get 110 (enough for a full keyboard) Cherry switches for around $35. But it $24 for the cheaper Gaterons. The highend Gaterons would be around $110.

1 hour ago, geo3 said:

I've been using Zeal switches for a several years and they are holding up well. I cant say about the cheep Gaterons though. I wouldn't be concerned about longevity at all as cheep as switches are it really don't matter.

You can get 110 (enough for a full keyboard) Cherry switches for around $35. But it $24 for the cheaper Gaterons. The highend Gaterons would be around $110.

There's always Cherry Mx Hirose Orange and Nixies which costs like 1100$ for110 switches. 

If Im looking Cherry MX Brown feel which Gateron would it be ? 

6 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

If Im looking Cherry MX Brown feel which Gateron would it be ? 

AFAIK Gateron brown is the equivalent to Cherry brown. A fact check would be welcome, but from a 5 second Google they seem to be the same 

That's an F in the profile pic

55 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

AFAIK Gateron brown is the equivalent to Cherry brown. A fact check would be welcome, but from a 5 second Google they seem to be the same 

Or he just could get better switches than cherry brown or equivalents of them.. Believe me as a mx brown user they are shit... I even stopped using my mx brown board with my main pc, because the tactility is so so tiny, near non existent, if the OP wants tactility, cherry mx brown or it's equivalents should not even be considered. At least go for kailh box brown or ideally outemu sky. That of course is only my opinion, others might recommend even better tactile switches.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Or he just could get better switches than cherry brown or equivalents of them.. Believe me as a mx brown user they are shit... I even stopped using my mx brown board with my main pc, because the tactility is so so tiny, near non existent, if the OP wants tactility, cherry mx brown or it's equivalents should not even be considered. At least go for kailh box brown or ideally outemu sky. That of course is only my opinion, others might recommend even better tactile switches.

This is a subjective hobby man. I went from a full MX blue board (that I hated) to low profile Brown switches. Typing speed stayed about the same but it's vastly more comfortable. There is less tactility but I prefer it. 

I will say I've tried MX brown and I agree those are absolute shit. They feel very linear, but like they have dirt in them. Seriously, it feels like pressing wet sand. 

That's an F in the profile pic

20 hours ago, Froody129 said:

This is a subjective hobby man. I went from a full MX blue board (that I hated) to low profile Brown switches. Typing speed stayed about the same but it's vastly more comfortable. There is less tactility but I prefer it. 

I will say I've tried MX brown and I agree those are absolute shit. They feel very linear, but like they have dirt in them. Seriously, it feels like pressing wet sand. 

*Sheepishly types his reply on his MX Brown board that he really likes*

I don't notice the sandy feel, but I do know there's been some build variation in the past few years with Cherry. This keyboard is an old Ducky and my other MX Brown board is a Pok3r, so maybe I just lucked out with good switches?

I have switched to Kailh Pro Purple on my gaming rig, though. Those switches are glorious.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.