Unraid setup with ryzen 3900x?

Going back and watching the 2 gamers 1 cpu videos from 2015.  I want to do exactly this with the new ryzen chip, but i dont think it has enough lanes, and unfortunately, I dont see that a gen 4 expansion card exist yet.  So my intel 6850k has enough lanes to do 2 workstations, with separate usb cards, but Im wondering if unraid still requires that GPU of its own. if it doesnt can i use a x1 gpu?  it seems like the simpler option to use this cpu even though its slower. (fast enough for what they need though)

on the ryzen thing, I was thinking that maybe i could make it work, if I put 2 SSD's behind the chipset.   Im a little confused on the PCie lanes though. I read that the cpu has 24 lanes. 4 intended from the chipset, which makes 16 from that. Then the other 20, 16 is for the GPU and the last 4 for NVME drives ....however, if i look at the Asus Pro WS-x570-ace board, they show a setup with 3  x8 gpus.  (24 lanes)  so are they partially robbing lanes from the chipset to do that?   I couldnt really find any information in the manaul about which lanes were direct to cpu and which were too the chipset.   if the 3rd x8 slot is through the chipset, then I could put my two x4 NVME drives on a card in that slot.  Then put 2 GPUS in the other two slots in x8.  in theory that would leave 8 lanes for USB cards, but No slots to do it.    

Gen 4 PCIe is a GREAT reason for daughter/expansion cards to populate the market place quickly.  Thats a huge amount of bandwidth to work with .