HDD frustrating clicking noise

Pentex

I recently found out about this noise shortly after starting my new PC, I opened the back panel and tried to locate the source of the sound until I narrowed it down to the HDD.

I went to the local store where I bought this HDD from to see if it would make the same noise on their computers but it didn't make any at all, it was dead silent..

What seems to be the problem here? Could it be from the power supply not providing enough power to the HDD?

Thanks in advace, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

thats the drive needle , it clicks when it moves

39 minutes ago, emosun said:

thats the drive needle , it clicks when it moves

It didn't when I tried it on other computers

-

15 hours ago, Pentex said:

It didn't when I tried it on other computers

they might just be quieter,  noise sometimes can be signs of damage in hard drive, however it sounds fine to me,

if the hard drive is working fine, i would say this is normal drive noise , if its too much get an ssd

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

HDD's can make noise with wear. If it was doing it in some machines and not others, the difference could be orientation, how much white noise the other machines are producing, how well the side panel muffles the sound or how well the vibration is being transferred to the case.
To stop it, you'd have to send it in for repair, which is more expensive than just getting another drive. To make it less noticeable, try putting thin rubber washers between the drive and the mounting bracket or put some sound deadening material wherever it won't obstruct air flow.
Personally, I go for SSD's for everything but archival usage.