CPU Upgrade - 3770K @4.5 to R5 3600

Hello everyone,

I am planning on upgrading to the new Ryzen 5 3600 (budget and whatnot) from my 3770K. What are your thoughts? Is this a good upgrade? Mainly game and dude the occasional stream. Looking into doing some video editing as well. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Sounds like a good plan when you're on a budget.

If you want to stream yourself then check a review that goes into gaming + streaming.  for that CPU, I haven't seen one yet.

More cores on that are better.

Also, what mainboard were you thinking of getting? 

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf

Plenty of IO options, strong VRM for any upgrades I do in the future. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Also would you guys recommend doing a clean install of Windows 10? I know Windows 10 can figure itself out. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Also would you guys recommend doing a clean install of Windows 10? I know Windows 10 can figure itself out. 

It's recommended. If you really don't want to then swap the parts and see if it runs. I'd advise you do a fresh install though.

It's one of the reasons why you want to have the OS on a separate partition, wipe it without loss of data.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

Yeah I have that. BUUUT got lazy and put data on it. Only 72GB of stuff plus my games. Nothing crazy but still. Either way I have been wanting to do a clean install for close to a year now. So gives me an excuse. 

Keep in mind to backup the game data, you don't want to lose your save games

I made that mistake many many years ago and I felt like crying afterwards :S

That is not a problem. I run syncredible daily for that. Plus, anything else is also backed up to a 4TB external drive plus my 40TB synology nas using cloud sync. I think I am covered ?