making my CPU is causing frame drops

the majority of my computer is at the link https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NpxN3b I only hope I'm posting this in the right area I'm having a giant issue a randomly losing frame rates but the only sign is a sharp spike in my CPU usage but not anywhere close to even being Max usage I would say around 40 to 50% usage with a sharp spike in to 70 I noticed a lot worse before I reformatted any help would be appreciated maybe there's a motherboard setting that needs to be set or something I've been researching and trying to figure this out myself any help please 

also do you know this isn't my choice in Parts it was more given to me 

Thank you for any help. This is a note that I have a hard Time reading and writing. so I have to use mostly Free Speech to Text options to get by and free reading software that does not always catch the errors in my writing. and also doesn't always hear the punctuation marks. So I thank you for your patience and understanding and ask that you do not point out or ridicule my disability. I am doing the best I can with what I have I am sorry to say this is actually the only form I've actually had to post a signature like this on for any time i need help.

What parts do you have in your system? Starting there will give everyone a better chance at helping you out with this 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I would recommend looking up the temps, sounds like temps might be hitting the roof, dropping performance.

13 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

What parts do you have in your system? Starting there will give everyone a better chance at helping you out with this 

He has a link in the original post, you just have to copy it since it's not a clickable hyperlink.

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

11 hours ago, MVPernula said:

*snip*

I've been checking temps the highest I've gotten is 70 c and that was during the stress test 

Edited by wkdpaul

Thank you for any help. This is a note that I have a hard Time reading and writing. so I have to use mostly Free Speech to Text options to get by and free reading software that does not always catch the errors in my writing. and also doesn't always hear the punctuation marks. So I thank you for your patience and understanding and ask that you do not point out or ridicule my disability. I am doing the best I can with what I have I am sorry to say this is actually the only form I've actually had to post a signature like this on for any time i need help.

Why does pc part picker say your case and cooler aren’t compatible? 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 hour ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Why does pc part picker say your case and cooler aren’t compatible? 

if you read the red text at top they haven't measured for all clearance this case was built for 240mm in mind

10 hours ago, Braeden Of Rhea said:

if you read the red text at top they haven't measured for all clearance this case was built for 250mm in mind

I take it by your post your not using a 250mm?

Edited by wkdpaul
cleanup

Do you have any rgb or motherboard software running in the background?Both of those can use a lot of cpu.

1 minute ago, andrewmp6 said:

Do you have any rgb or motherboard software running in the background?Both of those can use a lot of cpu.

no besides my Razer peripherals all that stuff has been disabled and even if that was the case running OverWatch on the lowest settings causing frame hiccups it's what's really got me stumped since blizzard games pretty much work on everything

I also had such a problem once that where my hardware is good but my FPS is bad. I tried the following things so maybe you can try them 2.

- Check if your RAM is running the correct speed.

- Check if your CPU is running the correct speed and check if all cores are enabled. 

(You can check both these things in the task manager)

- Try running Aida64 FPU stress test for around 30 minutes and check what the highest CPU temp is during the test.

- Uninstall en re-download your GPU drivers.

(You can uninstall your GPU drivers using DDU (display driver uninstaller) and download the correct drivers from the original site of Nvidia)

5 hours ago, Etrecz said:

I also had such a problem once that where my hardware is good but my FPS is bad. I tried the following things so maybe you can try them 2.

- Check if your RAM is running the correct speed.

- Check if your CPU is running the correct speed and check if all cores are enabled. 

(You can check both these things in the task manager)

- Try running Aida64 FPU stress test for around 30 minutes and check what the highest CPU temp is during the test.

- Uninstall en re-download your GPU drivers.

(You can uninstall your GPU drivers using DDU (display driver uninstaller) and download the correct drivers from the original site of Nvidia)

thank you very much I did find a core that was going to hot I have reset the motherboard to factory settings didn't know there was an overclock already on it  give this a i am going to give it a test for a few days and see if I still get the lagging

well updated still doing it there's no thermal throttling at all now

@Braeden Of Rhea Deinstall Razer Synapse 3. It causes constant failures and cpu load. 
Had this thing on overwatch too, and a friend of mine. Removing the razer software solved all problems. 
Greetings

On 7/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Braeden Of Rhea said:

the majority of my computer is at the link https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NpxN3b I only hope I'm posting this in the right area I'm having a giant issue a randomly losing frame rates but the only sign is a sharp spike in my CPU usage but not anywhere close to even being Max usage I would say around 40 to 50% usage with a sharp spike in to 70 I noticed a lot worse before I reformatted any help would be appreciated maybe there's a motherboard setting that needs to be set or something I've been researching and trying to figure this out myself any help please 

also do you know this isn't my choice in Parts it was more given to me 

You have to tell us how bad the frame drops really are.Maybe post a video ,too.And also,does this happen in other games too?

And also,you have to realize your i7 is a 4 core 8threaded cpu,and Overwatch can't take advantage of more than 4,maybe 6 threads.I would say,crank the settings all the way up,and tell us if the frame drops are still there,or if they are as bad as now.(Again,post some videos too if you can)

11 hours ago, C17H23NO2 said:

@Braeden Of Rhea Deinstall Razer Synapse 3. It causes constant failures and cpu load. 
Had this thing on overwatch too, and a friend of mine. Removing the razer software solved all problems. 
Greetings

I'm sorry your friend had that I actually know for a fact that it's not synapse 3 and on the problem that your friend was having I have had that problem too with Razer synapse 2 & 3 the software prefer to be fully installed with cortex and its beta minor program  also other lighting software clashes with it tremendously like you can't have a Corsair keyboard and a Razer Mouse but even with that uninstalled I'm still dropping to like 30 frames out of nowhere in OverWatch 

10 hours ago, NeoRO said:

You have to tell us how bad the frame drops really are.Maybe post a video ,too.And also,does this happen in other games too?

And also,you have to realize your i7 is a 4 core 8threaded cpu,and Overwatch can't take advantage of more than 4,maybe 6 threads.I would say,crank the settings all the way up,and tell us if the frame drops are still there,or if they are as bad as now.(Again,post some videos too if you can)

I didn't want to show both but I actually even see it on my streams duofromthule all the videos are archived & yes it is just as bad in ultra settings as it is in low settings last night with default motherboard settings it was even worse I went through and let my motherboard do a mild overclock it's better today but still frame drops to the 30s at seemingly random intervals and yes before someone ask it does no frame drop e even without screaming just as bad I just did a couple of games of OverWatch and here's what my settings came out to using hwinfo64 to record my sensors

HWiNFO64.CSV

here is a video showing some of the frame drops also here is another file for the time during I was playing the game even a simple task of dragging and dropping a file like in here is causing lag

hwinfo64.CSV

hey guys I got hold of Aida64 and here is a screenshot the yellow spikes is where I get the frame drops 

stabilitytest.png

5 hours ago, Braeden Of Rhea said:

here is a video showing some of the frame drops also here is another file for the time during I was playing the game even a simple task of dragging and dropping a file like in here is causing lag

hwinfo64.CSV

I see you have Vsync on, turn it off.Maybe it'll help.

15 hours ago, NeoRO said:

I see you have Vsync on, turn it off.Maybe it'll help.

actually no I do not have vsync turned on I use the custom cap to make sure the games and take over all my resources but even with that turned off it still does giant frame spikes down to 30 and even lower I know it has to be something with my CPU because even a even swapping my graphics card out for a 980ti still causes frame spikes I have to say not as bad but still

7 hours ago, Braeden Of Rhea said:

actually no I do not have vsync turned on I use the custom cap to make sure the games and take over all my resources but even with that turned off it still does giant frame spikes down to 30 and even lower I know it has to be something with my CPU because even a even swapping my graphics card out for a 980ti still causes frame spikes I have to say not as bad but still

I really don't know what else to say...Make sure your ram is running Dual  Channel.(They have to be in alternating slots on the motherboard).and that they are at their advertised frequency.

Also, you didn't tell me if it happens in other games too or if it is just doing it in overwatch.

And is your game stored on the SSD ?Or on one of the hard drives ?If it it on hdd, try installing it on the ssd, maybe it  helps.

6 hours ago, NeoRO said:

I really don't know what else to say...Make sure your ram is running Dual  Channel.(They have to be in alternating slots on the motherboard).and that they are at their advertised frequency.

Also, you didn't tell me if it happens in other games too or if it is just doing it in overwatch.

And is your game stored on the SSD ?Or on one of the hard drives ?If it it on hdd, try installing it on the ssd, maybe it  helps.

I don't think the SSD or hard drive situation matters much but it is stored on the SSD and yes this is happening in other games as well it's just easier to see in a first person shooter like OW

I am going to try something a little more drastic today I'm going to try to reapply thermal paste on the CPU as well as try to reseat the CPU

On 7/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, Braeden Of Rhea said:

I am going to try something a little more drastic today I'm going to try to reapply thermal paste on the CPU as well as try to reseat the CPU

So did you fix it by reseating and reapplying thermal paste ?

On 7/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, NeoRO said:

So did you fix it by reseating and reapplying thermal paste ?

no unfortunately it actually made the problem worse resetting reapplying thermal paste and reseeding it didn't really seem to do much but re-overclocking it seem to reduce the frame hiccups a lot more but I can only get a 5 megahertz overclock stable I'm finding out the frame hiccups are so annoying it even dos it in games like Terraria as well now I found out that turning off hyper-threading also helped I'm playing OverWatch at the lowest settings I can possibly go in the game overclocked at 5 megahertz no hyper-threading end game installed on SSD the frames will drop to as little as 40 fps at the random spikes still tho