LinusCoin could be a thing!

id love you forever if you could set it up so nvida cards are better for mining them 

well AMD cards are just more powerful in terms of raw power compared to nvidia cards. Like by a large margin.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

well AMD cards are just more powerful in terms of raw power compared to nvidia cards. Like by a large margin.

Please don't start a fanboy war here :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

maybe yes, maybe no.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have the wallet up and running! :D

0efb11522fcf7b2fcf287e1026fe0848.png

This is either the greatest idea on LTT... or the worst xD

But I'm all for it ;)

More details how to mine later yeah ?! O.o

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

This is either the greatest idea on LTT... or the worst xD

But I'm all for it ;)

More details how to mine later yeah ?! O.o

I'm working on creating the genesis block, hopefully today you will be able to mine.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

JUST NO!! what the actual fuck? Who the hell is supposed to mine this? the ~5.000 miners on the LTT forum? This coin doesn't have any value. who the hell would buy those coins? Nobody outside of LTT would ever be interested in them and everybody in LTT will just mine them.

Then you have a bunch of people with thousands of coins, which are worth nothing because you can't sell them anywhere. There is not enough interest in the person Linus Sebastian to create a currency about him.

This is going nowhere. :D

who cares...

Shouldn't you say that it's called LSC (Linus Slick Coin) ?! O.o

Well, in the wallet its LinusCoin, so Linus Sebastian Coin  ;)

JUST NO!! what the actual fuck? Who the hell is supposed to mine this? the ~5.000 miners on the LTT forum? This coin doesn't have any value. who the hell would buy those coins? Nobody outside of LTT would ever be interested in them and everybody in LTT will just mine them.

Then you have a bunch of people with thousands of coins, which are worth nothing because you can't sell them anywhere. There is not enough interest in the person Linus Sebastian to create a currency about him.

We'll see, it'll be fun(ny) 

Well, in the wallet its LinusCoin, so Linus Sebastian Coin  ;)

Shouldn't you say that it's called LSC (Linus Slick Coin) ?! O.o

Either or, same thing :P

Thats what everybody said about DOGE coin, and many people that mine would have seen his videos. Lets face it, my grandmother doesn't mine crypto and most of the people mining watch tech related videos

I'm working on creating the genesis block, hopefully today you will be able to mine.

Have you contacted any pools yet?

Have you contacted any pools yet?

I'm most likely going to be creating my own.

I really hope no one gave money to that scam site which offers to create a coin for you...

Everyone should realize Bitcoin, Litecoin, and all current Crypto-Currencies are 100% open source. Making a new coin is free, quick, easy, and worth the learning experience to dig into the source code. Any site offering a price to create a coin is as I see it, a scam pure and simple.

Making a coin is as simple as downloading the source code of any current coin, then changing the name, logo, total coins, time between blocks, etc. Compile, mine the new genesis block then release it. If you can figure out how to create a batch file for mining, or follow a tutorial, you can make your own coin. Most of the changes are as simple as changing a couple values which are already described in the source code.

Here's a basic guide if you wanted to make your own coin derived from Litecoin.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I really hope no one gave money to that scam site which offers to create a coin for you...

Everyone should realize Bitcoin, Litecoin, and all current Crypto-Currencies are 100% open source. Making a new coin is free, quick, easy, and worth the learning experience to dig into the source code. Any site offering a price to create a coin is as I see it, a scam pure and simple.

Making a coin is as simple as downloading the source code of any current coin, then changing the name, logo, total coins, time between blocks, etc. Compile, mine the new genesis block then release it. If you can figure out how to create a batch file for mining, or follow a tutorial, you can make your own coin. Most of the changes are as simple as changing a couple values which are already described in the source code.

Uh-Oh

The BTC will be paying for hosting costs, 

The BTC will be paying for hosting costs, 

And what hosting costs would that be?

Everything is entirely free. Copy/Paste is all you need to make a coin.

Nothing needs to be "hosted" at a cost to create or release a coin.

Are you saying what you paid for came with domain hosting and registration as well as other additions to somehow make the cost have any sort of value?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

And what hosting costs would that be?

Everything is entirely free. Copy/Paste is all you need to make a coin.

Nothing needs to be "hosted" at a cost to create or release a coin.

Are you saying what you paid for came with domain hosting and registration as well as other additions to somehow make the cost have any sort of value?

I was going to make my own pool, also, I don't want to fiddle with code since I have had bad experience with it. I used the coingen thing to get the wallet (paid out of my wallet) the donations will be used towards any other costs that come up.

How to make a coin?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I was working on getting the blockchain and mining up when my laptop bluescreened (I think it was from overheating). I lost the data and have to start over since some things became corrupt, I'm moving over to my workstation as it has a RAID backup. Sorry :(

This means its going to be delayed :'(

I was working on getting the blockchain and mining up when my laptop bluescreened (I think it was from overheating). I lost the data and have to start over since some things became corrupt, I'm moving over to my workstation as it has a RAID backup. Sorry :(

This means its going to be delayed :'(

Got the wallet? I want to mirror it on my site.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Got the wallet? I want to mirror it on my site.

I am going to re-do the wallet and change some settings.