Best set of Headphones for $ 250-330

Demon

I was wanting to get a new pair of headphones for everyday use as my daily drivers. Which would be the best headphones around the $250-330 dollars. Would it better to buy a lower cost pair of headphones and buy a low to mid range amp/dac or should i spend it all on the headphones. I also would preffer a open ear headphone. A mic is not needed but if they come with one it would be nice.

Thanks

Astro A40?

I know that they are commonly used in gaming but i have never heard them what are they like for use outside of gaming like listening to music,etc

I would look at the HD558 and the HD598. Bass is not as heavy  You don't really need a dac or amp for these headphones. Both are open and have no mics. Planning on getting these, I hope.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

audio technica ad700x

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

For $250 you could get a pair of DT990's and an amp (E10), for $300 you could get SRH1440's. 

I was wanting to get a new pair of headphones for everyday use as my daily drivers. Which would be the best headphones around the $250-330 dollars. Would it better to buy a lower cost pair of headphones and buy a low to mid range amp/dac or should i spend it all on the headphones. I also would preffer a open ear headphone. A mic is not needed but if they come with one it would be nice.

Thanks

We need to know what music you listen too and what country you are from.

Just throwing out a few products though - Blue Snowflake and a DT 990 or K612.

Astro A40?

No.

I would look at the HD558 and the HD598. Bass is not as heavy  You don't really need a dac or amp for these headphones. Both are open and have no mics. Planning on getting these, I hope.

My HD 558 just arrived in the UK, waiting for them to come here :D

\

We need to know what music you listen too and what country you are from.

Just throwing out a few products though - Blue Snowflake and a DT 990 or K612.

No.

I am from the uk and i listen to most types of music but mainly dance and pop music

I am from the uk and i listen to most types of music but mainly dance and pop music

You might want to check out the zalman clip on mic, if you can grab the blue snowflake for under $50 USD, then go for it.

Headphones - You'll probably want to pick up the DT 990's. You can pick an amp up later down the road as well.

I know that they are commonly used in gaming but i have never heard them what are they like for use outside of gaming like listening to music,etc

Quite nice! I use them for listening to music over Rdio on my desk top, play games, and watch movies with them. Since I bought the console version and then used them mainly with my PC the mix amp acts as a quite nice mid range DAC. One drawback for them thought is that the mic isnt great, it sounds ok and people can understand you, but not amazing. They are also very comfortable!

What you mainly use it for?

Overall, for 250-300 price range, might consider beyerdynamic DT880 or DT990, sennheiser HD598(suit for all purpose), and AKG Q701(for gaming since its larger soundstage and lack of bass).

My Beast Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930K | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Case: Corsair 800D | Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Formula RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 1866hz | GPU: 2x Asus DC2T Gtx680 Top Edtion Sli PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256G SSD + Seagate 3TB Harddrive Monitors: Asus VG248QE 144hz | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX  Headphones: AKG Q701 + K702 65th Anni Edition 

HE-400, dropped to $300 today, way better than ones mentioned above. 

If you want cheaper then go with 990s