240hz Gaming Video - Server Tickrate

Farty7

Hey guys,

The 240hz Gaming video was awesome! So great to actually get to visualize this for once lol.

During the video I noticed a few questionable shots (eg; Cursor on target but miss), which got me wondering if you guys modified the tickrate of the server. I haven't played CS in years but doing some googling, the default tickrate is probably 32 or 64, which (as I'm sure Edzel is aware) means the server only updates info for dynamic objects 32 or 64 times a second.

The video is still great as is, because obviously it's more about the player's reaction and ability, but if you ever get a chance to do another video like this please consider it if it wasn't this time (not sure what tickrate you were running at because I didn't see a netgraph :P).

Sorry for having to make a new account, but I couldn't recover my old one because the "Forgot your password" system couldn't email to Microsoft.

Just now, Farty7 said:

Hey guys,

The 240hz Gaming video was awesome! So great to actually get to visualize this for once lol.

During the video I noticed a few questionable shots (eg; Cursor on target but miss), which got me wondering if you guys modified the tickrate of the server. I haven't played CS in years but doing some googling, the default tickrate is probably 32 or 64, which (as I'm sure Edzel is aware) means the server only updates info for dynamic objects 32 or 64 times a second.

The video is still great as is, because obviously it's more about the player's reaction and ability, but if you ever get a chance to do another video like this please consider it if it wasn't this time (not sure what tickrate you were running at because I didn't see a netgraph :P).

Sorry for having to make a new account, but I couldn't recover my old one because the "Forgot your password" system couldn't email to Microsoft.

Haven't seen the video, but default is 64 in cs, but theres a decent chance they were on 128. Could be weapon inaccuracy, or just questionable counter strike hitreg?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

yeah, the test is flawed as they are using a 64 tick server, as they were using a valve practice server w/ bots but kicked the bots out. also, they didn't need the slow mo camera, he could've hosted a custom server (not hard esp. when you have like 20 ppl working for you), with a 1000/1024 tickrate then viewed the game at 1/1000 speed...

I would like to see the same test done again, but at 75hz, 100hz and 120hz, and accompanied with lag timing between mouse button and hit.  This would tell us if the computer calculated the hit independent of the displayed frame and simply placed it on the nearest frame or if indeed the displayed frame dictates the hit position.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.