Is the Razer Electra V2 Any Good?

Rhaemond

It's being offered to it for me for 1000php (~20$) brand new. 

Is it worth taking? I don't think it is 7.1 or anything special though, maybe it's the brand?

Motherboard: MSI B450m Mortar Max

Processor: Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wraith Prism

RAM: Klev Cras X 3200mhz 8gb x2

GPU:  Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070ti 8GB

PSU: Seasonic GX-750

Case: Inplay Robin 101 + 10 fans w/ hub and remote

Storage: Toshiba 1TB, Western Digital WD Green 1TB, Crucial BX500 480GB

for $20 its not bad. but i tend to stay away from raze headsets as razer has shown me time and time again they dnt know how to tune a headphone. 

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

for $20 its not bad. but i tend to stay away from raze headsets as razer has shown me time and time again they dnt know how to tune a headphone. 

Can you elaborate that for me? I've always owned cheap headsets worth 6$ or less but never those high-end branded ones... Will it be worth taking? 

2 hours ago, Rhaemond said:

Can you elaborate that for me? I've always owned cheap headsets worth 6$ or less but never those high-end branded ones... Will it be worth taking? 

It will be better than a $6.00 pair of headphones / headset and for $20.00 if its new (or slightly used) is a decent deal..

BUT

To elaborate:

It will not sound nearly as good as purchasing a decent set of headphones from a reputable manufacturer and spending $75.00+ dollars.  Your clearly not super into audio so you will probably enjoy the Razer headset but just know there is options that sound way better and would be worth looking into once that Razer headset packs it in.

Some cheap entry level headphones that are good all rounders are the Status Audio CB-1 & Audio-Technica M40x w/ pad upgrade.

Status:  https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3I02EQJ68FK3L&keywords=status+audio+cb-1&qid=1561221566&s=gateway&sprefix=status+a%2Caps%2C219&sr=8-1

Audio-Tech:  https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=audio+technica+m40x&qid=1561221585&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Pads: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Memory-Angled-EarPads-Cushion/dp/B07BKSW8GF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=angled+hm5+pads&qid=1561221602&s=gateway&sr=8-4

NOTE: if you ever purchase the audio technica headphones you MUST swap the pads to the ones i posted the stock ones are very uncomfortable and ruin the sound imo.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Rhaemond said:

Yep like @Tz000 said what mean to say is for $20 that headset isn't bad. But their are better options for its market price. If that is your maximum budget that's probably the best your gonna find over there as a person who came from the Philippines myself I can understand how hard it is to find good gear.

6 hours ago, Tz000 said:

It will be better than a $6.00 pair of headphones / headset and for $20.00 if its new (or slightly used) is a decent deal..

BUT

To elaborate:

It will not sound nearly as good as purchasing a decent set of headphones from a reputable manufacturer and spending $75.00+ dollars.  Your clearly not super into audio so you will probably enjoy the Razer headset but just know there is options that sound way better and would be worth looking into once that Razer headset packs it in.

Some cheap entry level headphones that are good all rounders are the Status Audio CB-1 & Audio-Technica M40x w/ pad upgrade.

Status:  https://www.amazon.com/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3I02EQJ68FK3L&keywords=status+audio+cb-1&qid=1561221566&s=gateway&sprefix=status+a%2Caps%2C219&sr=8-1

Audio-Tech:  https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR54/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=audio+technica+m40x&qid=1561221585&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Pads: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Memory-Angled-EarPads-Cushion/dp/B07BKSW8GF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=angled+hm5+pads&qid=1561221602&s=gateway&sr=8-4

NOTE: if you ever purchase the audio technica headphones you MUST swap the pads to the ones i posted the stock ones are very uncomfortable and ruin the sound imo.

Cheers.

thank you for that, but I'm sorry I cannot afford any of your suggestions since here in the Philippines peripherals like headsets are considered "premium add-ons" to the computer and are therefore inflated when it comes to sellers since they only sell them in specialized "gaming" stores and vendors tend to hold a monopoly on those to the point. Due to that, the interest in high-end audio is scarce and I haven't seen any Audio Technica headsets being sold in my area for ages.

Most gaming cafe's and high-end rigs only use headsets like thisthis, or this one. These headsets are labelled as "gaming" due to the look and build but I know they are cheap (if you convert it to USD, it's only for around 4-7$ a piece) or from a local gaming brand, the last one, named Rakk, is especially notable here for its cheap gaming peripherals. 

So yeah, I really cannot afford any of your suggestions and if I can I couldn't find them here anyways, so again I apologize.

I have found other options though, and I have opened a new thread to ask for suggestions on what to pick. Your opinion would really be appreciated! 

Link: (if I am not allowed to make multiple threads hopefully a moderator can delete this one)

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

Yep like @Tz000 said what mean to say is for $20 that headset isn't bad. But their are better options for its market price. If that is your maximum budget that's probably the best your gonna find over there as a person who came from the Philippines myself I can understand how hard it is to find good gear.

I opened a new thread to address my options! Hopefully you too can help me choose 

thank you!