Backing up large folders - Synctoy or alternatives

WildW_UK

I recently replaced the hard disks in our home file server (nothing fancy, just a PC running Windows 10), and I'm using the old drives as an offline backup, only powering them on occasionally to update the backups. I've used Microsoft's Synctoy to sync folders and everything works great.

However, the new drives are larger than the old ones, and one of the backed up folders is soon going to get larger than the largest backup drive. At that point Synctoy is going to stop being a solution.

I like that with this sort of method the backup is a directly usable copy of the data, and I want to avoid using any sort of raid.

The first option that springs to mind is the split the folder in two and sync it to two separate drives, but that's not ideal. I'm aware that there are a few alternatives to Synctoy but I haven't used any of them. Do any allow some kind of automatic splitting of the copied data between two target folders, or maybe something different that would better? Any ideas?

Could use a backup program like Veeam to create the backups.  compression and de-duplication help a lot to shrink the backup size.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>