What should i do for used gpu?

Now 2019 already, im prefer buying used gtx 1080. Can i know what testing software should i using to check the gpu is running well. For example benchmark , temp test any software can i used to stress the gpu ?

IMG-20190617-WA0018.jpg

4 minutes ago, Darkness7x said:

Now 2019 already, im prefer buying used gtx 1080. Can i know what testing software should i using to check the gpu is running well. For example benchmark , temp test any software can i used to stress the gpu ?

There is no special software to test a used GPU with. Just use the same stuff as you would use on a brand new one. If it fails, it fails. If it doesn't, well, then it's working fine.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I run my GPUs through a test of Unigine Superposition and Unigine Heaven, in that order.

Superposition stresses a GPU more than the other Unigine benchmarks(in my experience), Heaven has the most scenes out of the Unigine benchmarks.

This has the benefit of testing the GPU as well as giving me a number that I can compare to other identical GPUs so I can be 100% sure that the card is working as intended.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

gpu z as to see if the card is fake

any other one tells you if the card performs as it should be.

also remember to clean the gpu  incase of heavy smokers etc

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Actually, OCCT's donut of doom does error checking, iirc.

And? It does it for brand new GPUs as well. Like I said, there is no special software just for testing used GPUs.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Should probably have read the rest of your comment rather than paying half attention to forum posts. XD

It happens! I have replied to threads myself a billion times before I've actually fully read what it was about!