GTX 1050 ti with a 240W PSU

So i recently bought a pc.It is a lenovo m72e tower.It has an i5-3470 ,8gbs of ddr3 and i chucked in a zotac gtx 1050 ti.

The problem is that i found out it had a 240W PSU.I'm scared that it is going to die and that it will take the other parts with it to its grave.I just bought this pc and i dont would not like that to happen.

So if i play Apex legends and league of legends.Keeping in mind that playing league takes less than 30% gpu usage and a little above 50% of cpu usage.Apex i havent tested.Will the PSU die and how long do i have till something goes up in flames.

what gtx 1050ti is it (Does it have an extra power wire connecting it to the psu and not just the mobo)

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

Yeahhhhh No you need a better power supply that build is just over the wattage it has and we dont need a house fire now. So find a 350-400w unit that will be good for now and for future upgrades

Current main PC:

Server PC:

Well, if you hit 100% load on everything for any length of time you will likely trigger a failsafe in the PSU that will shut down your PC.

You need a ~350w PSU to not have this problem and avoid any issues that could arise from overtaxing your PSU.

22 minutes ago, Smajke2222 said:

So i recently bought a pc.It is a lenovo m72e tower.It has an i5-3470 ,8gbs of ddr3 and i chucked in a zotac gtx 1050 ti.

The problem is that i found out it had a 240W PSU.I'm scared that it is going to die and that it will take the other parts with it to its grave.I just bought this pc and i dont would not like that to happen.

So if i play Apex legends and league of legends.Keeping in mind that playing league takes less than 30% gpu usage and a little above 50% of cpu usage.Apex i havent tested.Will the PSU die and how long do i have till something goes up in flames.

You should be fine so long as you dont run a power virus like Prime 95 while slamming the GPU with Kombuster or something.

The PSU is standard ATX, so just buy one when you can!

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

21 minutes ago, Terabyte_272 said:

Yeahhhhh No you need a better power supply that build is just over the wattage it has and we dont need a house fire now. So find a 350-400w unit that will be good for now and for future upgrades

Definitely not, an old quad core and a 1050 ti are like 150 watts max. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

240w PSU does not put out 240w on 12v.  More like 200w.

The CPU, GPU, HDD, fans, and some motherboard components use 12v.  So even if the GPU/CPU alone use 150w, with everything added together you would see something like 190w under load.  And that PSU is not designed to run at ~100% load continuously.

16 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I made this pc part picker build with his specs he stated and the estimated power draw is too much

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

@fasauceome

And thats with a 75w 1050ti

Current main PC:

Server PC:

2 minutes ago, Terabyte_272 said:

I made this pc part picker build with his specs he stated and the estimated power draw is too much

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

@fasauceome

And thats with a 75w 1050ti

PSU calcs overestimate always, that includes the PCpp calc. You also forgot the permalink

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

240w PSU does not put out 240w on 12v.  More like 200w.

The CPU, GPU, HDD, fans, and some motherboard components use 12v.  So even if the GPU/CPU alone use 150w, with everything added together you would see something like 190w under load.  And that PSU is not designed to run at ~100% load continuously.

CPU def won't be doing its best turbos on an oem board and the CPU and GPU usage is also reportedly under 100% for both so I doubt 190 watts sustained is realistic

Primary PC:

10 hours ago, Terabyte_272 said:

what gtx 1050ti is it (Does it have an extra power wire connecting it to the psu and not just the mobo)

It is a zotac gtx 1050 ti it does not have an extra connector it uses the mb power.

9 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

You should be fine so long as you dont run a power virus like Prime 95 while slamming the GPU with Kombuster or something.

The PSU is standard ATX, so just buy one when you can!

I'm not familiar with PSU's is there a difference in buying a 300-400W psu for like 20-30$ or just going with a expensive one.

9 hours ago, Terabyte_272 said:

So before i buy can i still run games like league that dont use that much % usage on both cpu and gpu or is that not safe as well

Just now, Smajke2222 said:

I'm not familiar with PSU's is there a difference in buying a 300-400W psu for like 20-30$ or just going with a expensive one.

Check the NEW Psu Tier List, it's pinned in the PSU sub-forum. Expensive does not necessarily equal better, but it's usually a good indication of it.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Update.On apex the gpu uses above 90% while the cpu didnt show usage it did show 30W of power.Also the temps for the gpu is max 61 and the cpu is also near that mark.Also i need info on PSU upgrades since i never did buy them.Don't have that much money right now but i'll change it in the next couple of weeks just so i dont risk parts getting damaged.And i'll stay away from gaming too much esp apex.

For this tier of system a $40 500w unit from a brand with a warranty is as much as I would put into it.

It will be plenty for what you have and support a decent future set of hardware if you upgrade the core build.

And also thank you everyone.By far the best info i got i knew people that folow ltt know things. :)

8 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

For this tier of system a $40 500w unit from a brand with a warranty is as much as I would put into it.

It will be plenty for what you have and support a decent future set of hardware if you upgrade the core build.

Any recommendations?

1 minute ago, Smajke2222 said:

Any recommendations?

There is a list somewhere in this site, but I would look for an 80+ bronze unit from Antec, EVGA, CoolerMaster, or SeaSonic.  There are probably some brands I did not mention, but those generally offer a few years of warranty coverage on their lower end units and you can find them on sale for ~$40.

Btw idk what the hell this means but it is a 240W 85plus PSU have no idea what that stands for..

1 minute ago, Smajke2222 said:

Btw idk what the hell this means but it is a 240W 85plus PSU have no idea what that stands for..

85% efficient at normal load.  Less wasted input electricity than older or non-certified PSUs.

Has no impact on output power capability.

Holy crap i feel like a dumbass right now.This actually proves that i do not know anything about PSU's and that i should stay away from them as far as i can.So  i decided to open up my pc and to check the model number.And after a quick search online it showed a 280W PSU.Here is a picture so if anyone can prove that it is thanks.

After acknowledging my mistake and realising that it is a 280W PSU(After someone double checks)

Is there a chance that the system can run normaly for a couple of months till i get some money to buy a good PSU or is 280W still not enough.

P.S Yes i know i am a dumbass.I never rly looked into PSU's even tho i know a decent amount about other parts the PSU area is blank.I just know their wattages(I thought i knew it till now)

64412971_1014582072068409_372528060047556608_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Smajke2222 said:

Holy crap i feel like a dumbass right now.This actually proves that i do not know anything about PSU's and that i should stay away from them as far as i can.So  i decided to open up my pc and to check the model number.And after a quick search online it showed a 280W PSU.Here is a picture so if anyone can prove that it is thanks.

After acknowledging my mistake and realising that it is a 280W PSU(After someone double checks)

Is there a chance that the system can run normaly for a couple of months till i get some money to buy a good PSU or is 280W still not enough.

P.S Yes i know i am a dumbass.I never rly looked into PSU's even tho i know a decent amount about other parts the PSU area is blank.I just know their wattages(I thought i knew it till now)

It should be enough at ~216w on the 12v side.  Gives you something like a 15-20% margin.

8 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

It should be enough at ~216w on the 12v side.  Gives you something like a 15-20% margin.

Well  PSU will be my main prio.But thank you guys.I feel so dumb actually..