computer became unstable after moving.

i recently moved 500 miles and had to put my computer in storage for a month, and then i moved my computer to my new home. when i plugged it in and turned it on, it would turn on and off, and on, and off, every couple of seconds. it finally let me get in the bios where i disable OC. it would then turn on just fine. (but a few of the USB ports in the back were not reliable). the computer worked just fine when i was browsing the web, but when i played a game (overwatch) i was getting terrible FPS. when i tried to restart it it would not turn back on again, but instead did the on off on off cycle every couple of seconds. I think it the motherboard got damaged durring the move, but i am not sure. it could also be the RAM or PSU.

I already tried the following

-making sure all the power plugs are plugged in correctly

-making sure the ram is seated correctly

-look for visually damaged parts (there were none)

because the computer will not even post, i do not think software has anything to do with it.

my specs are the following

i7 4770k, 1080 TI, 2x 16GB DDR3 ram, 600W 80+ bronze power supply, MSI z87-g41 motherboard.

also because of the move, i am broke. i could probably afford to buy up to $200 in parts.

so my question; what is most likely the problem, and is there a way for me to test the parts without buying replacements parts? (remember, i am broke, so i do not want to buy a part on a "maybe this will fix it" unless i have no other choice) and can i maybe fix it without replacing any parts (wishful thinking, i know)

Try clearing the CMOS. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Well unless you had it in a temperature and humidity controlled storage unit, you basically left your computer outside for a month.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you're comfortable enough to try it, then take it all apart and put it all back together again (reseat GPU, Cooler, CPU, MOBO etc). Something (anything) could have come lose in the move which is causing the issue.

Also as the above response, you can also clear CMOS.

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

So i cleared the CMOS, i was able to OC the CPU again, and play a game without any issues

thank you so much

lets hope it stays stable