all around ryzen build...

ultra99

Use case: VM's, programming, research, databases and light gaming, Civ 5 and 6, Far Cry (casual, not really a gamer).

I'm set on a Ryzen 3900x and an x570 motherboard, but for the gpu I'm really torn. Should I opt for a rx570/580 or go full blown Navi?

I mean it depends on what you're wanting to play. A RX 570 is a solid card and so is the RX 580. For reference, the 580 performs right around where the GTX 1060 6gb performs so it's really your choice based on the resolution of your monitor, target FPS, and settings you want to use.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

44 minutes ago, fantasia. said:

I mean it depends on what you're wanting to play. A RX 570 is a solid card and so is the RX 580. For reference, the 580 performs right around where the GTX 1060 6gb performs so it's really your choice based on the resolution of your monitor, target FPS, and settings you want to use.

This.

I'd also wait for benchmarks to find out how well Navi stacks up against the competition and previous-gen Radeon cards.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

That build is veeeeeeery unbalanced you should spend less on the cpu and more on the gpu

8 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

That build is veeeeeeery unbalanced you should spend less on the cpu and more on the gpu

seriously?

Yes seriously. You are using a 500 dollar cpu and 200 dollar gpu. Wth

14 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Yes seriously. You are using a 500 dollar cpu and 200 dollar gpu. Wth

That doesn't make it unbalanced. 

Yes but it makes the gpu a bottle neck and you could probably get more performance with a ryzen 7 3700x and rx5700

20 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Yes but it makes the gpu a bottle neck and you could probably get more performance with a ryzen 7 3700x and rx5700

This isn't primarily a gaming pc though (He even mentions that in his post). The main uses listed are VM's, programming, research and databases. If none of those need a good gpu then he doesn't need an RX 5700 or anything higher end. It could be that a high core count cpu is more important.