WAN SHOW 06.07.2019 - UNLISTED

Danké

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

Interesting discussion on bundling stands with the Apple monitor etc there. I actually think more technology will go the Ikea model here. Why buy crap you don’t need. Take going down the high street for a curtain rail for instance. You get a box with all the fittings. Most of it will get thrown away depending on what curtains you are using. Not very green. Go to any data centre and there will be a store room full of crap that gets shipped with servers etc that is never going to be used. In The UK for example every site has a mound of European power cables, a pile of monitor cables and often a load of stands. There will be a stack load of paper licences, legislatory brochures, quick assembly guides, rack mounts for racks that you don’t have in your DC. It is just not green, and we need to consider this more and more. So are Apple doing the right thing by stripping down what is in the box making the buyer choose exactly what they need? I think they are, and I also think we will see more companies going this route. Is it altruistic, no. If It helps reduce landfill then on the green front it has to be a good thing.

You know that you could use Twitch, right? I've had to use YT for like 2 shows since Jan because they were taken down by LMG.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/8/2019 at 2:09 AM, Phill104 said:

Interesting discussion on bundling stands with the Apple monitor etc there. I actually think more technology will go the Ikea model here. Why buy crap you don’t need. .... So are Apple doing the right thing by stripping down what is in the box making the buyer choose exactly what they need?

I think it'll largely depend on the market segment.  Like monitors... I think consumer level, the cost of the stand vs the cost of two seperate product (stand and no stand) with inventory management, shelf space, dealing with customers who buy the wrong thing, won't be worth it, but on the pro level we're talking about with this mac monitor..it becomes a lot more pheasable, especially as your doing more purchase orders with sales reps, rather than someone walking into a store and grabbing off the shelf.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

I do agree. The end user will eventually have to get the idea though. With a world needing to become more green we will see suppliers wanting to show they are doing their part. Like Ikea have shown, customers will get the concept. 

This one is listed and with more views, that one must be the edited version