Qualcomm working on 8 core 64bit SoC Snapdragon 810

Qwertious

I don't know anyone who would need 8 cores on a mobile device its like having dual cpus on a laptop

not using the samsing turbon 3000 big little configuration so its 8 full cores

what am i even typing? :)

http://wccftech.com/rumor-qualcomm-working-64-bit-core-snapdragon-810-rival-tegra-k1/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35080/qualcomm-rumored-to-be-working-on-an-8-core-64-bit-processor/index.html

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

FINALLY!. Yes let's see when that chip comes it, how it stacks with the A7.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Maybe for Ubuntu Edge kind of concept.

that is still a thing? haha i totally forgot about that!

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

I believe that if the mobile devs take advantage of OpenGL, the Tegra K1 would blow Qualcomm out of the water.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I believe that if the mobile devs take advantage of OpenGL, the Tegra K1 would blow Qualcomm out of the water.

Don't the Tegra chips get really poor battery life?

They also don't have integrated LTE radios.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

moar = better.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

moar = better.

so like if you have an extra nipple breast feeding is easier because its spread out against 3?

so like if you have an extra nipple breast feeding is easier because its spread out against 3?

there you go. now someone is thinking! 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Its great that they are releasing that powerful cpus but hope the heat output will be acceptable when on load.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i will be more worried of the battery life....also when it comes out and if it used in a phone with full hd or more than that resolution, u will be having a kick-ass phone which u cant see....

LoL... :)

They said the same thing for the past 3 generations. Nvidia is too slow to market and Qualcomm ends up destroying. Can't remember a single generation when nvidia was in the lead

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

so..., when can we mine bitcoins on our phones?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

so..., when can we mine bitcoins on our phones?

That what what i was thinking ahhaha but then if we do have like a microsoft surface pro ect like tablet that runs windows then this SoC does have use just like the Ubuntu Edge concept ;P

Android already uses it (or to be more precise it uses OpenGL ES). It's used very often in apps.

If you got 3 or more babies babies, and/or some of them has more than one mouth then yes that is a good analogy.

also when it comes out and if it used in a phone with full hd or more than that resolution, u will be having a kick-ass phone which u cant see....

We already have "full HD" phones, and yes higher resolution phones are on their way. I don't really understand what you mean by "which u cant see" though.

I am really excited. I am not too worried about thermals or battery life since it will have better performance:watt (and also faster at going back to idle) and it will also be built using 20nm transistors instead of 28. So if you do the exact same task on a quad core Snapdragon 800 SoC, and this rumored octa-core Snapdragon 810 SoC, then the SoC get LONGER battery life.

If you got 3 or more babies babies, and/or some of them has more than one mouth then yes that is a good analogy.

If I was female with a baby with more than one mouth, I ain't letting that lil monster be sucking ma titties, but damn multi threaded babies, das the future rie dere

I want 12 cores.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110