If headphone jack can be use to output a composite video?

Doge99

If we can output audio from 3.5 mm jack to full size RCA jack can it be possible to use headphone jack to output composite video as we plug the composite cable to audio we can hear audio and possible to convert video singal to audio and transmitted to the headphone jack to yellow RCA jack as composite video

I read this 5 times and still don't understand.

Cables and connectors are not related to what type of signal you want to pass through them. Like in files extensions - you can rename mp3 to avi, but this not change audio file into music video.

You can use any connectors for any type of signal - but it depends on device what type of signal you get, not by connector.

37 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I read this 5 times and still don't understand.

Cables and connectors are not related to what type of signal you want to pass through them. Like in files extensions - you can rename mp3 to avi, but this not change audio file into music video.

You can use any connectors for any type of signal - but it depends on device what type of signal you get, not by connector.

I meant that I use the headphone jack from pc or phone to output a composite video singal

Short answer is no. Jack itself would need to have connection surfaces for video. Like it needs them to handle both incoming and outgoing audio already on mobile and laptops. There's no retrofitting either.

Considering how low quality composite video is, and that we are moving to high bitrates on video, this won't be a thing in the future. Rather there will be better combo solutions using USB-C, HDMI, Thunderbolt and DisplayPort. Or something even better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The iPod models with video could do this, but they were designed to do it.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Short answer is no. Jack itself would need to have connection surfaces for video. Like it needs them to handle both incoming and outgoing audio already on mobile and laptops. There's no retrofitting either.

Considering how low quality composite video is, and that we are moving to high bitrates on video, this won't be a thing in the future. Rather there will be better combo solutions using USB-C, HDMI, Thunderbolt and DisplayPort. Or something even better.

But if I plug the composite video cable to RCA audio it is possible to hear sound. If the headphone jack with custom cable to send a audio singal that is capable of outputing composite video output. And to convert a normal crt TV to smart TV 

1 minute ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

But if I plug the composite video cable to RCA audio it is possible to hear sound. If the headphone jack with custom cable to send a audio singal that is capable of outputing composite video output. And to convert a normal crt TV to smart TV 

It's not a question of the cables.

The device you're plugging into has to be designed to do it, like the ipod video I mentioned.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

43 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Jack needs to have contact surface for video signal, there's no way around it. It's same for every connector, which is also why they are now designed to handle any imaginable data transfer for future applications. For example phones would have HDMI or Lightning connection for video.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This is fake news.
3.5mm jacks are perfectly capable of outputting RCA video. However, the transmitting device would need to support the technology.
For example, the Nokia N8, E7, N808 Pureview, and most other Symbian devices could output video using their 3.5mm jack using the Nokia CA-75U adapter. The technology became obslote because of the rise of (micro/mini-)HDMI and later wireless technology.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nokia ca-75u

1 hour ago, Pyramiden said:

This is fake news.
3.5mm jacks are perfectly capable of outputting RCA video. However, the transmitting device would need to support the technology.
For example, the Nokia N8, E7, N808 Pureview, and most other Symbian devices could output video using their 3.5mm jack using the Nokia CA-75U adapter. The technology became obslote because of the rise of (micro/mini-)HDMI and later wireless technology.

From what I can see, he saying the same thing as you. Just explained differently.

This is fake news.

Which part?

3.5mm jacks are perfectly capable of outputting RCA video.

I never said it wasn't.

However, the transmitting device would need to support the technology.

Yes, thats what I did say.

Again, exactly what I did say. Which makes the question, did you actually read my post before start blaming?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Kind of off topic, but I had an old Aiptek camcorder (2006-2008ish) that can recieve a composite signal from a cable box, and connect via 4 pole 3.5mm jack. I used it for archiving cartoons I liked, and converted them for use on my iPod Nano 3rd gen.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 6/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, LogicalDrm said:

If the video singal converted to a composite video from Android or other device

40 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

You aren't getting the core issue here. The device will need to have jack with video signal capabilities. If it doesn't have that, video signal will not transfer through that port.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think the confusion here is that OP isn't realising that you can have more than one different type of 3.5mm jack. The form factor is the same, but the internals and contact patches, pins, whatever. Would be different.

@xD Power Hole StickThat's why it can only carry video if the hardware is designed to do it, from the factory :)

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

On 6/2/2019 at 8:41 AM, Pyramiden said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nokia ca-75u

That's the kind of cable you used with the video ipods. fwiw. I have it still in my "Bag O Misc Cables"™

18 hours ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

You could take a composite video signal...which would come out of your device to a standard RCA cable and convert it to a 3.5 mm cable with something like this.

image.png.6a37a728009e22fb7647dac95cb4d8a1.png

It's unlikely you'd have a device for the other end that takes a 3.5mm plug for video, but technically you can do that.