Intel will probably be in deep doodoo come 7/7

JayzSub

12 cores* looks as my brother drools *

Me I'm getting me the 3800X since I game more then number crunching like my brother. 

Those that bought the i9 9900k is so pooped on, since they have to disable the HT for safety purposes. 

Intel = Darth vader

AMD = Luke? Kylo? Rey? 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

Intel had so long of a lead in the market before Ryzen, that when it came out Intel didn't know what to do. That, and they still haven't fixed their vulnerabilities will lead to the consumers moving to their neighbor Dinkleberg I mean AMD. Now we have a real competition for the longest time. It's rewind time

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

5 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Intel probably have something up it sleeves like i9 9900K

And that's why AMD didn't launch the 16core, that's their nuke

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

28 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

Me I'm getting me the 3800X since I game more then number crunching like my brother

The 3900x has higher turbo so it is better for gaming, a real flagship. But overclocking is likely similar if you take that route

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

War is on ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

8 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

Probably at E3 will get more detailed information on E3 its been too hyped by Lisa tbh.

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

Probably at E3 will get more detailed information on E3 its been too hyped by Lisa tbh.

Im not as optimistic with the Navi but best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, JayzSub said:

Im not as optimistic with the Navi but best of luck. 

i wouldnt really complain to see a RTX 2070 performance for 1660Ti/2060 Pricing tbh.

Just realised if that really happens RIP Vega and 1080.

Edited by Oalei

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

i wouldnt really complain to see a RTX 2070 performance for 1660Ti/2060 Pricing tbh.

If that happens, hell yeah it be AMD's biggest dump on intel and nvidia 

8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Just realised if that really happens RIP Vega and 1080.

I wouldn't say that. Anyone already owning RX Vega or GTX 1080 are good for quite some more time. People building new PC or upgrading from older graphic card will be excited though.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

I wouldn't say that. Anyone already owning RX Vega or GTX 1080 are good for quite some more time. People building new PC or upgrading from older graphic card will be excited though.

not to the one who owned it but the buyer who want 2070 permformance level.

well cores has shown not to be important in gaming, well of course 4 core, and now 6 core, intel has always had the lead in performance pr core, and still do, if AMD is to compete as a gaming cpu, upping cores will not help at all..

maybe the new generation of consoles, might change core count demand... but the Ryzen story or threadripper, has been the boy who cried wolf, they have yet to really impress as a top gaming performance cpu, but it is a GOOD alternative....

for work it has much more value.

2 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

well cores has shown not to be important in gaming, well of course 4 core, and now 6 core, intel has always had the lead in performance pr core, and still do, if AMD is to compete as a gaming cpu, upping cores will not help at all..

maybe the new generation of consoles, might change core count demand... but the Ryzen story or threadripper, has been the boy who cried wolf, they have yet to really impress as a top gaming performance cpu, but it is a GOOD alternative....

AMD was not aiming to win the gaming arena, they are aiming for the enterprise arena, Ryzen and Radeon are just tech trickled down from epyc and enterprise graphics, gaming to AMD will always be second tier. 

21 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

If the IPC gain recently reported holds genuine, Zen 2 may match or outpace Intel in single thread performance (and consequently, gaming performance as well), even with a small clock speed disadvantage. ?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

If the IPC gain recently reported holds genuine, Zen 2 may match or outpace Intel in single thread performance (and consequently, gaming performance as well), even with a small clock speed disadvantage. ?

Intel's so called value went out the window with zen2s IPC improvements, but one thing I'm sure is you most likely will not see itx builds with the 12  core. 

1 minute ago, JayzSub said:

Intel's so called value went out the window with zen2s IPC improvements, but one thing I'm sure is you most likely will not see itx builds with the 12  core. 

I want to see AMD go the slumlord route and kill Intel's Atom in one shot with a dual core Zen 2 part aimed at the sub-$300 notebook market. Preferably passively cooled.

From there, put the squeeze on Intel by getting more design wins on upper scale devices. Evil plan for world dominance is a go.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…