Wired internet perform worse than wifi despite having higher speed

Go to solution Solved by Etaphreven,

[solved]

after updating windows, reset winsock, changing physical router port and hours of metaphorically banging my head against my desk. i think i fixed it.

I look up closely on network details on task manager i found out that there is a little thing going on with WD disk storage app, I uninstall it and voila. everything working normally again.

now, im not sure why it only affect wired connection but it works perfectly now..

Hi!

Recently i switch my Pc from having wifi to wired internet connection, the speed increased 2 times, however when i play games i experience stutter/lag this problem never occurred if im using wifi connection.

My router: 

Cisco DPC3828S DOCSIS 3.0 SB-WiFi(3x3)

Firmware Version:dpc3828-v302r125573-131014a

I'm using Cat6 Cable.

Things i have tried:

-Updating drivers ( but i seems cant find firmware update for my router as the option is not there and there is no further info of my model on cisco website itself)

-Turned off wifi while using wire

-Enabling QoS (its always enabled)

-restarting both PC and router

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Captur22e.PNG

You don't control the firmware for a modem, the ISP does and will push out updates as they certify the firmware and deem the updates necessary.

When you have the stuttering and issues in game are you playing on the same server as when you're on a wired connection? Does it impact all online games or just one in particular?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes, i Play starcraft 2 quite often and its always on the same server. When i got stuttering on several match i thought its because im having a bad connection but when i change it to wifi only the stuttering is gone.

Have you tried disabling QoS?

Disabling the wifi adapter?

Disabling power saving mode?

--From the adapter screen click on Properties > configure > Power Management > Uncheck "Let the computer save power" or whatever it says

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

[solved]

after updating windows, reset winsock, changing physical router port and hours of metaphorically banging my head against my desk. i think i fixed it.

I look up closely on network details on task manager i found out that there is a little thing going on with WD disk storage app, I uninstall it and voila. everything working normally again.

now, im not sure why it only affect wired connection but it works perfectly now..