The FUTURE is... FM Radio??

I would say DAB+ is the future (at least in W-Europe/NL

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

17 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I would say DAB+ is the future (at least in W-Europe/NL

Yeeaa that's something that has been told to us for years now. But the truth is that most new cars don't even come with DAB+ and tbh I don't like it.

I have a DAB+ radio and it either works, or it doesn't. Might sound obvious but if you look at FM, it's not an on/off switch.

If the signal gets weak, it keeps working. It does get muddy and cracks, but it still works. If your frequency is a bit off, it's fine!

Like, it's really annoying when the weather comes on and they say "It's going to be 20 degrees but in the afternoon" *signal drops because a stupid truck passes or whatever* "Ok thanks Frank!" and you clearly missed something because if it's not a perfect signal it just drops everything.

I really don't see the benefits of DAB+, it's nice to have more stations but you can only listen to 1 at a time and when i go through the list of 20+ stations I don't exactly think "I need more options!".

Unless I'm missing other benefits of DAB+ I really don't see it as the future... Ok yea they say it's better quality but most audio systems in cars are nowhere near good enough to take advantage of that.

Anyway, it's funny to see that the car will yell at you if you fall asleep. I mean, is that just a sign of the car being so boring?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

(I still have to watch the video, was just referring to the title ?)

@samcool55 could be, but most premium cars here in Europe are sold with DAB+ radios and it works sooo good here. Especially when you have Bose, Burmeister or B&O (or any other high end audio company) sound system in your car. It sounds so much better than FM signal.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Never heard of an iPod or moving your head? 

It's the future if the car doesn't catch fire first

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

it's nice to have more stations but you can only listen to 1 at a time and when i go through the list of 20+ stations I don't exactly think "I need more options!".

It's also idiotic to add more stations if you have multiple that play the same exact music.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

All that was missing was the Top Gear intro.

Tonight,

Alex opens a trunk,

Linus talks about a radio,

and we plug our merch store

14 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

(I still have to watch the video, was just referring to the title ?)

@samcool55 could be, but most premium cars here in Europe are sold with DAB+ radios and it works sooo good here. Especially when you have Bose, Burmeister or B&O (or any other high end audio company) sound system in your car. It sounds so much better than FM signal.

I'm not sure how it is where you live but in Belgium most premium cars don't have DAB+ because it's usually an expensive option and people don't care about it (premium is for me a 40k+ car). And yes if you have an expensive soundsystem you can take advantage of the better audio quality, but again that's another option people have to pay for when they buy their premium car.

And the truth is, most people don't buy/have premium cars, let alone with DAB+ AND an upgraded soundsystem. Most people drive around in simple cheap cars with FM and something that produces audio, and that's it.

I guess it's nice if you want to spend the money on it, but then again if you go premium you probably have an ICE system that allows you to stream spotify from your phone or something and then you can listen to whatever you want.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@samcool55

you raised a fair point. Have to admit, I agree with you.