RUMOURS REGARDING PS5 (Through Gamespot)

Ayush007

Exciting! Will upgrade from my Pro to a PS5. Be nice to experience games that are supposed to run at 60 FPS actually run at 60 FPS.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

This is all just pictures of their marketing...

I heard it will cure cancer too

Maybe even stop global warming

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

Yeah 8K at 1fps amirite

Maybe only for movies or other media 

not for  Game 

My dual PIII machine is capable of raytracing. Even my old rig with its K6-2 500 can. There is never any definitive statement that the raytracing will be realtime.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

not for  Game 

We barely have 4K streaming, 4K BR players have failed to take off due to the prohibitive costs+retarded requirements, 4K BR releases are only ever small compared to FHD releases......and 8K is at the point 4K was at 5-6 years ago......

PMSL

8 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

We barely have 4K streaming, 4K BR players have failed to take off due to the prohibitive costs+retarded requirements, 4K BR releases are only ever small compared to FHD releases......and 8K is at the point 4K was at 5-6 years ago......

Yeah, higher resolutions are usually in Asia far before the rest of the world, they already have 8k streaming for example. They also had 1080i at the time that US had 480i and PAL 576i.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I love this time of the year when a new gen of consoles is on the horizon, i don't think i will be upgrading straight away, launch titles are always a bit dull. However if a new Gran Turismo is launched on PS5 i will. Saying that i have always had a Playstation and have always gotten all of money back in hours spent using it. This generation in my opinion should be the most exiting.

My list of must have features are

• UHD player(Still a sore spot from last gen)
  • Current PSVR support(They have said this should be supported)
  • Support for the logitech G29 steering wheel
  • At least 1080p 60FPS targets for devs
  • SSD included or at the very least a Hybrid Drive(Basically as good from testing the PS4 Pro)
  • The same UI as PS4's, it was clean and extremely nice to use

Nice to haves

• WIFI 6
  • Improved Battery Life in the controllers, backwards compatibility for the PS4 controllers
  • Easy access to system cooler like with the PS4 Pro for easy system maintenance
  • No 8k goal for resolution(this is sad to see), 1440p if anything! No interest in 4K or 8K

What do you guys want to see?

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

35 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I agree but i think we will see a huge interest in HDR and 4K monitors and TV's this year, once it is a mainstream feature on the PS5 and new Xbox we see this transfer across to many markets. 4K HDR movies are amazing and i always prefer to watch movies at home now than at the movies. However i don't think 4k steaming will be mainstream for a while due to it being a bandwidth issue for most people. I totally get your point, just my two cents.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

All I care about is stronger CPU performance. The crappy Jaguar CPUs have really held back both the PS4 and Xbox One platforms imo.

An SSD preinstalled is icing on the cake. Very delectable and fancy icing, but icing nonetheless.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

51 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

Yes, 8K as in you can connect an 8K Display and it will run with 8K on the Dashboard/the Console can output 8K.

Why do people make waves about that?!

Pls try to understand Marketing-Speech.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

47 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

not for  Game 

Worse than that.

Its more that the device can output an 8K Signal. 
That's all that it means. Nothing more.

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Worse than that.

Its more that the device can output an 8K Signal. 
That's all that it means. Nothing more.

Just how you connect a 8K display to a GPU in a PC, no one does that its just possible like you said.

I think this is just in mind of the now available 8K TV's and people whom may be concerned about want to get one in future and it now being compatible.

7 minutes ago, Bravo1cc said:

Just how you connect a 8K display to a GPU in a PC, no one does that its just possible like you said.

I think this is just in mind of the now available 8K TV's and people whom may be concerned about want to get one in future and it now being compatible.

For the PC...we only have a small handful of UHD/4K BD players available. And they only work in computers that have Kabylake or higher...that excludes a shitload of Intel's own capable CPU, and everything AMD has released to date.
Example: https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-WH16NS60

And the handful of UHD players for PC are also extremely difficult to actually find in stock anywhere.

BTW, the part of the CPU which is used as part of UHD BD security...is one of the areas that can be successfully targeted by Spectre....

PMSL

34 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

For the PC...we only have a small handful of UHD/4K BD players available. And they only work in computers that have Kabylake or higher...that excludes a shitload of Intel's own capable CPU, and everything AMD has released to date.
Example: https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-WH16NS60

And the handful of UHD players for PC are also extremely difficult to actually find in stock anywhere.

BTW, the part of the CPU which is used as part of UHD BD security...is one of the areas that can be successfully targeted by Spectre....

Is there a market for this on the PC platform? It wouldn't occur to me to strap a UHD drive to a PC to be honest. I have allays preferred a player for the current media tech. Also i can imagine the security and hardware limitations has been taken into consideration. It will be very interesting to see where they go with this, if at all.

39 minutes ago, Bravo1cc said:

Just how you connect a 8K display to a GPU in a PC

HDMI 2.1

Though on PC its more likely to use Display Port.

, no one does that its just possible like you said.

Yes, because they are insanely expensive.

Look at this 31,5" DELL 8K Monitor for the small amount of 3200€
https://geizhals.de/dell-ultrasharp-up3218k-210-alez-a1599496.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

no, its just Marketing.

And Marketing is about telling you the awesomeness of the thing they do.

Doesn't have to mean anything for you in real life, doesn't have to be practical and doesn't have to make sense...

As long as products are designed by the technical department and not the Marketing Department, its fine.

1 hour ago, Bravo1cc said:

Is there a market for this on the PC platform? 

Some niche Markets probably.

Something like Video Walls, Medical stuff.

And others but for 8K you'd want 50" or more.

what i would love is:

Full freesync support with auto detection freesync range from 1080p 60hz to 4k 60hz and everything in between

Perfect mouse and keyboard controls (wired and wireless)

Enchanced sync

Let's agree to disagree

I think there's 2 possibilities

1) It's coming relatively soon and greatly below the rumored expectations and many on this thread

2) There's not going to be a traditional PS5 release at all. That is, if that console happens, it will be launched along with an accompanying game streaming service that improves on the visual quality of the PS4 and maybe even rivals possible future hardware and the "PS5" will be outrageously expensive as a luxury only option for the true "hardcore" but expensive enough that pushes as many people as possible towards console gaming as a cloud service instead.

So 2) is my bet but it's at least 2 or 3 years out imo.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

Yeah 8K

With RAY TRACING!

It just works..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: