Help with creating a java game over the internet, i know nothing!!

hey,

I need some people to point me in the right direction and possibly sites you know of that would help me get there. I'm taking comp sci in my highschool and we learn java, but no where does it seem like we learn to do anything over the internet. How does one create something like a game over the internet. I honestly know nothing on this or where to even start. Can someone help point me in the right direction? :)

hey,

I need some people to point me in the right direction and possibly sites you know of that would help me get there. I'm taking comp sci in my highschool and we learn java, but no where does it seem like we learn to do anything over the internet. How does one create something like a game over the internet. I honestly know nothing on this or where to even start. Can someone help point me in the right direction? :)

Like multiplayer, embeded on a website, or what exactly do you mean?

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

like pultiplayer, where you create a server and then two computers connect i saw a tic tac toe game made this way

like pultiplayer, where you create a server and then two computers connect i saw a tic tac toe game made this way

Well if you want to do it over anything besides lan you're going to have to create your own server crap, and host it.. For multiplayer you have to know a bunch of Networking crap, and I'm definelty not the guy for that. Good luck with trying to figure that stuff out though.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

You have 2 options:

1. Multiple Clients connected to a server

2. Client to Client

The easier option is number 2 where you can have one client as a host (where you make stuff happen) and relay the data to the other client.

Either way you have to work with sockets so here are some useful links:

1. Java Multiplayer TicTac Toe Source Code
2. Basic socket programming in Java

3. Simple Java TCP Client-Server App

Now you just need some ideas... Don't complicate just make sure it works!