Beginner 3D printer suggestions

Kd4lif3
Go to solution Solved by BrinkGG,
57 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

I got around to using one of the 3D printers at my school and found that the whole process is quite easy. It sparked a bit of an interest for me and I decided that I want to look into buying a printer of my own. I’m not sure what I am looking for other than what I need it for. I have an interest in model rockets so I will likely be printing some parts which are larger than small and perhaps taller than they are wide (I know I am being vague). I will probably have a relatively low budget of (likely) below 500 cad. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Creatily Ender 3 Pro. Heated, flexable bed (makes getting parts off a LOT easier), support for remote control programs like Octoprint, and support for more durable materials like PETG and ABS plastics, though I recommend starting with PLA. 

If you do buy it, get the ComGrow version (link below). Creatily themselves is a company based out of Shanghai and English support is incredibly difficult to get. Comgrow will act as a middle ground and replace broken parts, honor warranty and be much more willing to help.

I personally bought this printer a while back and have been loving it. How much do you know about 3D printing? I'd be happy to share my findings if wanted. :D 

https://www.amazon.ca/Comgrow-Creality-Printer-Upgrade-Certified/dp/B07H21QPTT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Ender+3+pro&qid=1558114064&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I got around to using one of the 3D printers at my school and found that the whole process is quite easy. It sparked a bit of an interest for me and I decided that I want to look into buying a printer of my own. I’m not sure what I am looking for other than what I need it for. I have an interest in model rockets so I will likely be printing some parts which are larger than small and perhaps taller than they are wide (I know I am being vague). I will probably have a relatively low budget of (likely) below 500 cad. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

57 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

Creatily Ender 3 Pro. Heated, flexable bed (makes getting parts off a LOT easier), support for remote control programs like Octoprint, and support for more durable materials like PETG and ABS plastics, though I recommend starting with PLA. 

If you do buy it, get the ComGrow version (link below). Creatily themselves is a company based out of Shanghai and English support is incredibly difficult to get. Comgrow will act as a middle ground and replace broken parts, honor warranty and be much more willing to help.

I personally bought this printer a while back and have been loving it. How much do you know about 3D printing? I'd be happy to share my findings if wanted. :D 

https://www.amazon.ca/Comgrow-Creality-Printer-Upgrade-Certified/dp/B07H21QPTT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Ender+3+pro&qid=1558114064&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

agreed with @Brink2Three the ender3 is prolly easiest with total cost involved to start with 3d printing.

as your needs grow the printer is a great starting printer and handles most small mid-sized prints. till you get into larger cosplay prints or larger prints in general, then a bigger build area or build your own.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 11:31 AM, BrinkGG said:

Sorry for the super late response but I am finally looking at buying the printer. I'm just wondering what the difference is between the pro and non-pro versions. Is it worth the extra bit for the pro version? 

In my opinion, it is not worth the extra money to buy the pro version. The primary feature is that is goes to a 40mm extrusion for the Y axis and it's stiff enough imo.

See this Teaching Tech video for a good side by side comparison: 

Edited by ColinLTT
added video