IOS and android versions of the forum?

yoyoyo189

You can currently use Tapatalk if that suits your needs. The mobile version in your browser is also fine for use.

Call me ignorant as I don't have a cellphone or smartphone (yea I am too cheap for one... maybe later on in life), and sorry for hijiking the thread (I am looking for a short answer).

Buy why people are intersted in web site apps? Just open the web browser, from what I can see they are pretty good these days, and just go on the web site. I mean we don't ask, let alone want a Windows version of the app to run on our desktop/laptop. So what's the point?

Call me ignorant as I don't have a cellphone or smartphone (yea I am too cheap for one... maybe later on in life), and sorry for hijiking the thread (I am looking for a short answer).

Buy why people are intersted in web site apps? Just open the web browser, from what I can see they are pretty good these days, and just go on the web site. I mean we don't ask, let alone want a Windows version of the app to run on our desktop/laptop. So what's the point?

on a mobile device (since your soo cheap to buy one) you would know that its sometimes easier to use an app to get what you want. that's why facebook has an app so does twitter. maybe you should not be cheap and buy a smart phone to experience why the OP would want an app for the site. 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

on a mobile device (since your soo cheap to buy one) you would know that its sometimes easier to use an app to get what you want. that's why facebook has an app so does twitter. maybe you should not be cheap and buy a smart phone to experience why the OP would want an app for the site.

Yea sorry, I am not rich.. I can't aford 150$ per month let alone pay 600$+ for a phone to go pre-paid.

I am sure you can make a website shortcut on the home screen, and just click tehre and just jump to the website, like you can do on Windows 8 (not talking about Windows Phone 8, as I don't know about that).

ipboard mobile sucks imo. i just use the normal site on mobile as i just think its easier that way.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i just use the full desktop site on mobile. only problem i have come across is not being able to upload pics to a post(not link, but to upload it)

Yea sorry, I am rich.. I can't aford 150$ per month let alone pay 600$+ for a phone to go pre-paid.

I am sure you can make a website shortcut on the home screen, and just click tehre and just jump to the website, like you can do on Windows 8 (not talking about Windows Phone 8, as I don't know about that).

Handling browser tabs on a phone is a lot more bothersome than on a PC. Things also tends to take longer to load, and I think there's pretty aggressive RAM management on a lot of smartphones. That said, for the forum, whenever I'm on my phone, I just use a normal browser. For stuff like youtube or facebook etc I use apps

Handling browser tabs on a phone is a lot more bothersome than on a PC. Things also tends to take longer to load, and I think there's pretty aggressive RAM management on a lot of smartphones. That said, for the forum, whenever I'm on my phone, I just use a normal browser. For stuff like youtube or facebook etc I use apps

Ah! Now I understand. Thanks!

Use Tapatalk, it works fantastically and it is now free.

In fact I am posting this comment with Tapatalk!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Someone is developing an unofficial Android app. You can find a thread in the Off Topic section (here).

I haven't tried it, though.

Yea sorry, I am not rich.. I can't aford 150$ per month let alone pay 600$+ for a phone to go pre-paid.

Boy, you should get a cheap Lumia or something.

Mostly, with mobile apps or a mobile version of the site, things tend to be better laid out for the small screen size and load times tend to be optimized. Many people also enjoy the experience of an app vs a mobile browser as well since things can be even further customized for the platform (Android, iOS, etc).