Tilting pc tower case on its side

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
4 minutes ago, cnorberg said:

If you have a pc tower case and it’s water cooled can the case be tilted on its side in order to access your hard drives or ram sticks by taking off the side panel of the pc case?

Is it the same for all pc tower cases that are water cooled that you can tilt them?

Yes and yes. I've tilted mine plenty of times that had an AIO. As long as you dont run a pump dry (assuming its a custom loop) then you'll always be good. 

If you have a pc tower case and it’s water cooled can the case be tilted on its side in order to access your hard drives or ram sticks by taking off the side panel of the pc case? Is it the same for all pc tower cases that are water cooled that you can tilt them?

As long as your fittings are properly tightened if its a custom loop. Just do it gently, since water is heavy. Also make sure your reservoir is properly closed. If it's an all in one cooler than don't worry about it. 

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

4 minutes ago, cnorberg said:

If you have a pc tower case and it’s water cooled can the case be tilted on its side in order to access your hard drives or ram sticks by taking off the side panel of the pc case?

Is it the same for all pc tower cases that are water cooled that you can tilt them?

Yes and yes. I've tilted mine plenty of times that had an AIO. As long as you dont run a pump dry (assuming its a custom loop) then you'll always be good. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 hours ago, reniat said:

As long as your fittings are properly tightened if its a custom loop. Just do it gently, since water is heavy. Also make sure your reservoir is properly closed. If it's an all in one cooler than don't worry about it. 

Oh man, I forgot to put the cap on my reservoir a few times already.. Good thing it's not above any critical components because I would be straight fucked.. I've tilted it and blew in the lines with no cap on it haha.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build