ANTHEM... Is It Worth It?

snowman89

I pre-ordered Anthem like last summer or something and spent quite a lot of money on the edition I bought. I haven't played it yet and I'm not sure it's worth it tbh. I have heard it's a broken game and it's already dying. Should I play it anyway?

1 minute ago, snowman89 said:

I pre-ordered Anthem like last summer or something and spent quite a lot of money on the edition I bought. I haven't played it yet and I'm not sure it's worth it tbh. I have heard it's a broken game and it's already dying. Should I play it anyway?

If you bought it, you may as well. Otherwise I would just pass over it, as there are few games (if any) that have come out of EA since 2004 that I consider worth my time.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Have you learned your lesson though? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

It's not too bad, it's an ok game for killing time and I personally like just flying around in an Iron Man like suit fighting enemy's, but there are a lot of bugs and other issues with matchmaking, frame rate issues for some people, and the leveling is fairly dumb. I am going to say that if I payed over $40 for the game I'd be pretty steamed as the devs just recently decided to claim it's still technically in early access. I have an Origin Access Premiere account and have for a while so I really didn't pay full price for the game, I get all the new Origin games for $13 a month and can cancel anytime, so I don't have to worry about preorders or anything when a game comes out on Origin I have it and if I don't like it I just don't play it. I mean if you paid more than $60 and preordered the game and for months haven't wanted to play it then I'd say it was a waste. It's not like you're asking this so you can decide whether or not to buy it. You already own it so why not just play it and see how you feel about it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

7 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It's not too bad, it's an ok game for killing time and I personally like just flying around in an Iron Man like suit fighting enemy's, but there are a lot of bugs and other issues with matchmaking, frame rate issues for some people, and the leveling is fairly dumb. I am going to say that if I payed over $40 for the game I'd be pretty steamed as the devs just recently decided to claim it's still technically in early access. I have an Origin Access Premiere account and have for a while so I really didn't pay full price for the game, I get all the new Origin games for $13 a month and can cancel anytime, so I don't have to worry about preorders or anything when a game comes out on Origin I have it and if I don't like it I just don't play it. I mean if you paid more than $60 and preordered the game and for months haven't wanted to play it then I'd say it was a waste. It's not like you're asking this so you can decide whether or not to buy it. You already own it so why not just play it and see how you feel about it.

I guess I should give it a go at least... God damn it! why can't devs make complete games anymore BEFORE release?! first Fallout 76 and now this... got the Legion of dawn edition btw so I guess that was like $60 or more can't remember.

Except the nice graphics.

the game is to spit on the floor, literally! 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

3 hours ago, snowman89 said:

I haven't played it yet

Go play it then. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I have not completed the whole content yet and they still release expansion they call "act" for free that add 1 or 2 dozen hours of extra content. I play for a couple hours once every other week and progress further. Don't want to hit the end of the game to quick. Still cannot run at max difficulty but i am getting there. I do believe before i started my last session i had 83-84 hours into the game so i should have 87-88 hours. I just wish there were more special event in free play mode.