How do I use Blender?

terrytek

So, I just installed Blender on my PC. And as it turned out, it was waaaaay more difficult than SketchUp. Too many controls. How do I make a new model? How do I control the camera? I really need help using Blender, for i am a beginner, and I know how to use Sketchup more.

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You put fruits in the blender and make a smoothie.

@BloodValley Ninja'd me on the blender joke. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

With a great amount of difficulty. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

So, I just installed Blender on my PC. And as it turned out, it was waaaaay more difficult than SketchUp. Too many controls. How do I make a new model? How do I control the camera? I really need help using Blender, for i am a beginner, and I know how to use Sketchup more.

-terrytek

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20427-blender-tutorial-guide/ This a good guide by @Pixxie_Payne

Quote me to get a reply!

Haha, very funny. I mean the Blender modelling program, not some stupid physical blender. No shit, I would know how to use a fkin blender.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Blender is very hard to learn, from what I know it takes almost 6 months to really learn, along with a really steep learning curve, but it is really powerful once you know how to use it! Good luck, I bet there are a bunch of good online tutorials if you search for them.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

help is always a googles away http://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/

you can go down to motion tracking. enjoy

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

Ask Slick, he makes Linus smoothies.

Frenando II/Grease Lightning and His Perpherials

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz | MSI Z77A-G45 | Gigabyte 7950 WF3 Crossfire | G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB 2133Mhz  | CM HAF 922 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | 120GB Kingston HyperX | Corsair TX750 | X-Star DP2710 + 34UM95 | CM Hyper 212 EVO + LOTS 'O FANS | CM Storm QuickFire Pro | Logitech G502| Fiio E17 | Sennhieser HD 600 and CX 985

It's just a matter of opinion, but I found Maya the easiest to learn, maybe try that. There are a lot more higher quality tutorials out there for Maya than blender. If you don't fancy shelling out £4000 or getting an illegal copy, you can just go to http://www.autodesk.com/education/student-software and create an account and download it for free. Last time I checked, entering fake details worked fine, they don't check if you're actually a student at the college.

Is it plugged in?

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Look up Youtube tutorials. That's how I got good at it. Now it use Blender quite frequently for a game I'm working on.

Here's some useful functions/shortcuts:

• Right click to select
  • Left click to place world origin (this is where added objects originate)
  • N for transform properties box
  • B to select multiple objects in a specified area
  • Shift+Right click to select multiple objects one at a time
  • E for Extrude
  • Space for add-object/search
  • S for Scale (press X, Y, or Z while scaling to scale on the X, Y, or Z axis respectively)
  • R for Rotate (press X, Y, or Z while rotating to rotate on the X, Y, or Z axis respectively)
  • W (while in edit mode) for a list of useful Special tools
  • W (while in object mode) for a list of Boolean Tools 
  • G for grab
  • Num3 for side view
  • Num1 for front view
  • Num7 for top view
  • Num5 to toggle orthographic view
  • Num0 for active camera view
  • Shift+Scroll Wheel button+mouse movement to move your perspective left/right/up/down
  • Ctrl+Scroll Wheel button+mouse movement for quick zooming
  • F12 to render
  • Ctrl+P to parent any selected object(s) to last selected object
  • Ctrl+J to join objects
  • Tab to toggle between edit mode and object mode
  • P (in object mode) to start the Blender game engine
  • P (in edit mode) to separate selected vertices/faces/edges from the object
  • I (i, not l) to insert a animation key
  • U (in edit mode) to unwrap mesh (used for texturing)

Blender is a very powerful piece of software, it just takes some getting used to.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

useful links:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/ - great forum where you can ask questions etc. and show off your blender work.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/ - great resource for learning blender, with all levels of tutorials. from beginner to advanced.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

Blender has nice tutorials. I learned basics to 3d modelling from there.

But to answerr question itself:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv