Newly Built Computer Seems To Be Underperforming In All Aspects

Coldhandss

I just built a fairly top of the line rig, i7-9700k, rtx 2080, asus prime z390 a, 16gb ram 3200.

I ran a benchmark and got pretty low scores, even on my ssd.

https://imgur.com/a/z6CJ1WS

Also noticed a bit of lag when tabbing out of games which I found odd for what ‘should’ be a very fast pc.

Also I’m using a usb WiFi for Internet, which isn’t ideal but on my old pc I use to get 70mbs downloads but now I’m getting 6mbs?

Considering the low bench mark on all parts and even my usb WiFi giving me much lower speeds than my old pc, I’m wandering if maybe my mobo is underperforming?

Can you please post a few images of the task manager performance tabs?

Specs look like they should be great, but maybe there are some clock speed issues.

i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz, MSI Gaming X 8G GTX 1080@2060MHz, 500GB SSD, 2TB Raid 0 HDD, 240GB Raid 0 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

Could it be a driver issue? Maybe installing or re-installing the latest Intel chipset drivers could improve the situation.

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

@Coldhandss Ssd is performing as expected it is sata drive after all,user benchmark is extremely moody.You will get different result every time you run it.

CPU is fine as well,you just didnt overclocked and majority of users did as it is unlocked K version after all.GPU is under-performing a bit,but as mentioned before user benchmark test aren't very reliable. Try this (click this) benchmark and post your results.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

15 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

Can you please post a few images of the task manager performance tabs?

Specs look like they should be great, but maybe there are some clock speed issues.

Sure https://imgur.com/WIpey8w

3 minutes ago, DeadnightWarrior said:

Could it be a driver issue? Maybe installing or re-installing the latest Intel chipset drivers could improve the situation.

Reinstalled several times

5 minutes ago, Xcoool said:

@Coldhandss Ssd is performing as expected it is sata drive after all,user benchmark is extremely moody.You will get different result every time you run it.

CPU is fine as well,you just didnt overclocked and majority of users did as it is unlocked K version after all.GPU is under-performing a bit,but as mentioned before user benchmark test aren't very reliable. Try this (click this) benchmark and post your results.

Going to take me about 6 hours to download, will post results as soon as I can.

Edit: It's stuck on 0.0/1.2gb

How is your performance in games? Are you finding that you are getting poor performance in real world activities? Benchmarks are not always the most accurate representation of performance. Some of them are iffy as someone said above.

i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz, MSI Gaming X 8G GTX 1080@2060MHz, 500GB SSD, 2TB Raid 0 HDD, 240GB Raid 0 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

2 minutes ago, Coldhandss said:

Going to take me about 6 hours to download, will post results as soon as I can.

Edit: It's stuck on 0.0/1.2gb

I'd recommend the torrent download for that benchmark. You will get faster download speeds than their servers. Click the green arrow to the right of the download button and then fast torrent download.

Just now, southpaw5271 said:

How is your performance in games? Are you finding that you are getting poor performance in real world activities? Benchmarks are not always the most accurate representation of performance. Some of them are iffy as someone said above.

My performance is games actually seems fine, I've not had a chance to test much as my download speeds are extremely slow.

But warhammer 2 total war on ultra I was getting 60-100fps and overwatch on low was getting about 200-240fps.

Just now, Coldhandss said:

My performance is games actually seems fine, I've not had a chance to test much as my download speeds are extremely slow.

But warhammer 2 total war on ultra I was getting 60-100fps and overwatch on low was getting about 200-240fps.

In that case, I would say that the benchmark you used is just misrepresenting your actual performance. Those numbers seem in line with what I would expect.

4 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

In that case, I would say that the benchmark you used is just misrepresenting your actual performance. Those numbers seem in line with what I would expect.

Phew, good to hear.

Using the torrent it is a bit faster thankyou, will post as soon as its done.

Any reason why my internet would have tanked so hard, same usb but a 64mbs difference in downloads.

6 minutes ago, Coldhandss said:

1080p ? cause if yes your fps are a bit low.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

Just now, Xcoool said:

1080p ? cause if yes your fps are a bit low.

1440p

1 minute ago, Coldhandss said:

Phew, good to hear.

Using the torrent it is a bit faster thankyou, will post as soon as its done.

Any reason why my internet would have tanked so hard, same usb but a 64mbs difference in downloads.

Could be a driver issue. Have you installed the latest driver from the manufacturers website? Are there other devices hogging your bandwidth? Maybe the issue could be a router issue.

Network issues can be tricky to diagnose without access to useful tools. Try running a ping test to bbc.com. Open the command prompt and type

ping -n 100 bbc.com

Then post the results here. This could give some insight.

2 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

Could be a driver issue. Have you installed the latest driver from the manufacturers website? Are there other devices hogging your bandwidth? Maybe the issue could be a router issue.

Network issues can be tricky to diagnose without access to useful tools. Try running a ping test to bbc.com. Open the command prompt and type

ping -n 100 bbc.com

Then post the results here. This could give some insight.

Drivers all up to date and no other devices hogging.

https://imgur.com/8xabvGI

Just now, Coldhandss said:

1440p

It that case you are fine,you can still run super position benchmark just to see how fast is your card.(if you want to test it) But it seems to run as expected.

18 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

I'd recommend the torrent download for that benchmark. You will get faster download speeds than their servers. Click the green arrow to the right of the download button and then fast torrent download.

I'm about to run a performance test, should I leave settings as they are '1080p medium' or change to '1440' custom?

5 minutes ago, Coldhandss said:

I'm about to run a performance test, should I leave settings as they are '1080p medium' or change to '1440' custom?

1080 extreme and then 4k optimized.

16 minutes ago, Coldhandss said:

Drivers all up to date and no other devices hogging.

https://imgur.com/8xabvGI

Can I please see the bottom of that command? It will summarize the entire test. It will look like this:

Ping statistics for 151.101.128.81:
    Packets: Sent = 5, Received = 5, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 32ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 33ms

29 minutes ago, Xcoool said:

1080 extreme and then 4k optimized.

https://imgur.com/yo1kWWL These were the results for some reason only shows one result unless you click on link

image.png

22 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

Can I please see the bottom of that command? It will summarize the entire test. It will look like this:

Oh my mistake, I thought it just ran until stopped I will run it again.

Also these are the results from other test, for some reason only shows one result unless you click on link.

https://imgur.com/yo1kWWL

27 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

https://imgur.com/JojLy8b

Thank you so much for helping out by the way, took me two days to build this, found it very stressful and when things didn't seem right with the PC, I felt so let down

32 minutes ago, Coldhandss said:

https://imgur.com/JojLy8b

Thank you so much for helping out by the way, took me two days to build this, found it very stressful and when things didn't seem right with the PC, I felt so let down

Happy to help. Ping times look great actually, and there are no dropped packets. Another thing you could check would be signal strength. In a command prompt window, try running this command.

netsh wlan show interfaces

You can just copy and paste the results here instead of taking a screenshot if it will save you time. Selecting text in command prompt and then right the black area clicking will copy to clipboard.

9 minutes ago, southpaw5271 said:

Happy to help. Ping times look great actually, and there are no dropped packets. Another thing you could check would be signal strength. In a command prompt window, try running this command.

netsh wlan show interfaces

You can just copy and paste the results here instead of taking a screenshot if it will save you time. Selecting text in command prompt and then right the black area clicking will copy to clipboard.

There is 1 interface on the system:

Name                   : WiFi
    Description            : 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card
    GUID                   : 38dc91a8-aeeb-4c36-b277-f9faa18142ba
    Physical address       : 7c:dd:90:be:d7:fe
    State                  : connected
    SSID                   : BTHub6-P67Z
    BSSID                  : 40:c7:29:1b:e6:01
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11n
    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Auto Connect
    Channel                : 36
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 600
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 351
    Signal                 : 82%
    Profile                : BTHub6-P67Z

Hosted network status  : Not available

Also how were the results from the benchmark tests I ran?

Also noticed that my old pc would restart much faster than my new pc, it's not a huge problem but seemed strange, I hit restart and the restart loading icon hits for about 20 seconds, then another 20-30 seconds to get back to windows. Old pc would do all this in 20 seconds.