MOTHERBOARD:msi b450 gaming plus 95$

HDD:seagate barracuda 2tb 50$

SSD:kingston a400 120gb 20$

case:it fits in my old case

overall performance:pretty LIT

2 minutes ago, Non Binary said:

kingston a400 120gb

I wouldn't call this one lit though, but since its a budget build so ?‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

That's a lot more wattage than you need, you've got a 300 watt system and a 750 watt PSU. But hey, the whisper is damn good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

is it done already or are you planing to build it?

if you are planing, go with the ryzen 5 2500 non x and just overcklock it

same performance for less money

Just now, Non Binary said:

hmm how about samsung ssd's?

about the same level as that hp i selected

crucial mx500 is on the same level too

quoting is appreciated

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($75.71 @ Walmart) 
Memory: OLOy - 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Team - MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $752.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-06 04:19 EDT-0400

more performance and no rebates. with less storage with the option of upgrading later. 

I'd swap the PSU for a 550W Seasonic Focus+ and the SSD for a crucial one. 
Other than that it looks OK

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Just now, Xaring said:

550W Seasonic Focus+

you haven't heard about the focus problems?

it doesn't apply as bad here, but there's better for the price, especially since it gets loud at around 420 watts

4 minutes ago, Xaring said:

I'd swap the PSU for a 550W Seasonic Focus+

nope, it has overpowerprotection issues that afaik has yet to be resolved properly. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

you haven't heard about the focus problems?

it doesn't apply as bad here, but there's better for the price, especially since it gets loud at around 420 watts

But those issues where only with a number of GPUs, right? In particular with Asus' 970s or did i get that wrong?

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

1 minute ago, Xaring said:

But those issues where only with a number of GPUs, right? In particular with Asus' 970s or did i get that wrong?

that was the previous issue of the overpowerprotections triggering when it wasnt supposed to. that was fixed last year in January. the new issue is far more serious with the protections not triggering when they are supposed to. 

not a major issue, but certainly something that warrants them not being suggested. 

Just now, Xaring said:

970 strix, some 1080 ti's, vega 64 and some other cards that may or may not work correctly, they either triggered the ocp in the old version, or the psu wouldn't let the ocp kick in where it certainly should

and again, it's a lot louder, i'd take most psus for that price over it

and it has a ripple problem too, but i'm not that read into on that part

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor $159.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 UD ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $114.99 @ Amazon
Memory OLOy - 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage ADATA - SU655 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Palit - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Dual Video Card $280.00
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $32.98 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $762.94
  Mail-in rebates -$10.00
  Total $752.94
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-06 04:40 EDT-0400  

48 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I am not really familiar with intels products, but afaik the 9400f is a cpu with a locked multiplier and the z390 board is for overclocking.

so that combination doesnt really make sense

18 minutes ago, Devryd said:

I am not really familiar with intels products, but afaik the 9400f is a cpu with a locked multiplier and the z390 board is for overclocking.

so that combination doesnt really make sense

A few things here: 

Yes the 9400F is locked, however it's paired with the Z390 board because it allows The RAM to run at 3000MHz vs the B365 boards which lock it to 2666MHz. This accounts for a difference of up to 16% in FPS depending on the game as discovered by Hardware Unboxed.

Furthermore the UD provides an upgrade path to the 9700K or 9900K (and possibly Comet Lake) whereas the B365 boards for all intents and purposes do not. The UD has better VRMs and more phases. 

Finally the UD is only a little more expensive than the B365 boards, making the price difference worth it. 

As for why the 9400F was chosen: it clearly beats the 1600, 1600x, 2600, and 2600x, even when they are OCed, in gaming loads. 

8 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

A few things here: 

Yes the 9400F is locked, however it's paired with the Z390 board because it allows The RAM to run at 3000MHz vs the B365 boards which lock it to 2666MHz. This accounts for a difference of up to 16% in FPS depending on the game as discovered by Hardware Unboxed.

Furthermore the UD provides an upgrade path to the 9700K or 9900K (and possibly Comet Lake) whereas the B365 boards for all intents and purposes do not. The UD has better VRMs and more phases. 

Finally the UD is only a little more expensive than the B365 boards, making the price difference worth it. 

As for why the 9400F: it clearly beats the 1600, 1600x, 2600, and 2600x, even when they are OCed, in gaming loads. 

if you go for upgradeability, there is no way to buy intel right now

ryzen zen2 launches in a few month, and even the next gen will be supported on current motherboards.

1 minute ago, Devryd said:

if you go for upgradeability, there is no way to buy intel right now

ryzen zen2 launches in a few month, and even the next gen will be supported on current motherboards.

The main reason is for the RAM speed. The upgradability is just a bonus. You might as well have some upgrade path open vs none at all. 

Yes, the AMD platform will have more options, but even if someone were "stuck" with the 9900K being the best they could do on the socket, that CPU would be no slouch for years to come. Especially if someone gets one second hand a couple of years from now for a good price. 

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

Yes, the AMD platform will have more options, but even if someone were "stuck" with the 9900K being the best they could do on the socket, that CPU would be no slouch for years to come. Especially if someone gets one second hand a couple of years from now for a good price. 

Do you think a 9400F will really upgrade to i7/i9 when time comes?

NO. intel highend used cpu are incredibly expensive in used market. 9400F is already on a dead chipset.

also the fps over 2600 is not great to justify its win with single digit fps diff and by sacrificing 6 threads 

10 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

NO. intel highend used cpu are incredibly expensive in used market. 9400F is already on a dead chipset.

also the fps over 2600 is not great to justify its win with single digit fps diff and by sacrificing 6 threads 

Have a look at the benchmarks. Even in Assassin's Creed Origins, which uses 12 threads, the 9400F is still able to claim a victory with a 6 thread deficit. So those extra threads doing all the work they do are still edged out by the 6c/6t part. The same goes for Far Cry 5 which uses 8 threads. The 9400F still wins with a 2 thread deficit. So for a gaming rig the 9400F is a clear winner. And most gaming rigs won't see productivity workloads where the extra threads would matter. 

In a few games it's more than just a few FPS lead as well. 

As for if someone would upgrade to an I7, it happens all the time. There are 8700Ks on Craigslist as low as $220, which I feel like is a good price. 

4 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I'm usually the one arguing @jerubedo on here, but I don't necessarily see where you are going with your argument here.

You can absolutely go out and find great deals on 4770k's nowadays, why would the same not apply to a 9900k 4 years from now when this thing is tired?

The argument isn't the upgradeability of the LGA1150 socket, it's the general use benefit of the Ryzen line. That said if it's only for gaming, as he pointed out, this chip does outperform...