tigerdirect now accepts bitcoins

pixeldensity

Yup tigerdirect now accepts bitcoins as a payment for their products. I even got a email from them saying it.

source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140123005942/en/TigerDirect-Major-Internet-Retailer-Accept-Bitcoin-BitPay#.UuFkYvYo60c

After several months of reviewing the options for processing Bitcoin, TigerDirect has chosen BitPay to provide its customers the most reliable means of transacting Bitcoin payments on their website. TigerDirect will not only accept the digital currency as payment, but will also sell the computer components used to mine the currency as well. “We’ve partnered with AMD to build the largest assortment of mining graphic cards from Sapphire, MSI, VisionTek, Diamond and XFX in the industry.” Customers will be able to utilize Bitcoin as payment on both the desktop and mobile websites.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

US only?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Wait, so if we decide to mine bitcoins with a current rig, you can practically get a computer for free? That is, if you get a BTC

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

here is the tigerdirect website regarding bitcoin. http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/.

US only?

Maybe because on the faq they says

Bitcoins are only accepted on the domestic (US) version of TigerDirect.com and are not accepted at TigerDirect Retail Stores or via our call centers. At this time, TigerDirect.com accepts Bitcoins for verified orders that ship worldwide. Customers outside the US should check the laws of their country for laws regarding the use of Bitcoins as currency.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Yes time to order GPU's

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I think, but you gotta factor in the power costs.

I don't pay for my power, ha 

Ok mom, I will be up in a sec

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I'd still wager sometimes it's still cheaper to buy Newegg gift cards by converting to LTC and buying them, since tigerdirect doesn't typically have that great of sales.

Error: 410

They must be desperate  :P

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I'd still wager sometimes it's still cheaper to buy Newegg gift cards by converting to LTC and buying them, since tigerdirect doesn't typically have that great of sales.

But now that tiger is doing it, how long before newegg follows suit?

But now that tiger is doing it, how long before newegg follows suit?

They might not. Amazon and Newegg don't really have to care at all about Overstock and Tigerdirect

Error: 410

They might not. Amazon and Newegg don't really have to care at all about Overstock and Tigerdirect

Maybe not. But its a big and growing sector of the market that I'm sure they'll want a piece of.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Here comes all the amazon/newegg/ncix hate on the forums "Na use TG they use bitcoins now and we should not use the other places now"

Dat homepage...

6vLU2.jpg

(This is actually very exciting news though.)

COMIC SANS

Dat homepage...

(This is actually very exciting news though.)

Yeah.... this IS the push they need to make more money tho. I can't wait to hear what Logan or Linus says on friday about this.

Sweet mother of Jesus!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

yeah but it doesn't accept people from other contries

Manners Maketh Man

Thats kinda interesting... I wonder if when you give them bitcoins they sell them immediately or if they keep a wallet.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Thats kinda interesting... I wonder if when you give them bitcoins they sell them immediately or if they keep a wallet.

I would imagine they collect them until the value of BitCoin is even higher then they sell them on for a profit. Double dipping you could say. It's a really good thin in the end having bitcoin because if the value keeps going up then your good that you buy could be valued lower so you get a better deal and the distributor that sells the product makes no profit off selling you  the product but off the currency it sells. However this can only be done in small quantities at it could potentially ruin an economy as it would de-value all the other currencies in the world and mean that products are crazy prices like 1000's dollars like with the yen.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You heard it here folks. 

actually nooo this was posted already http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106025-tigerdirect-now-accepts-bitcoins/ 

lol

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

• 3 months later...

Good catch! I’m a hardware geek, so it’s good to hear that I can now shop computer parts with BTC at Tigerdirect. I hope Newegg will also accept bitcoin soon; they have free shipping on most of their items. I’m also excited to hear about bitcoin payment for international sales.

Bitcoin Daily- Your daily bitcoin news and update