Distilled Water Safe by Itself?

Hey, so I'm changing out the liquid in my loop, which uses EK Cryofuel right this minute, and I want to try Distilled Water and a Biocide, as that seems to be the best recommendation around the web. 

Anyways, I'm about to head down to Dollar General quick and grab some distilled water, is it okay if I wait on the biocide? You know, because I doubt they're gong to carry it lol.. Ill order some online I guess? 

Is straight distilled water safe until I get the biocide? Couple weeks at most.. 

I might put the red cryofuel back in there but I want to see how it looks clear.. Thanks guys! 

9418282_20190427_1403272.thumb.jpg.5412910f12f1b92dc0a1346313d26e1d.jpg

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

2 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

-SNIP-

You would be best off with a concentrate or premix, something that has both a biocide and anti corrosive agents built in. Running straight distilled for a short period of time isn't a problem but I wouldn't got more than a couple weeks really. 

it should be fine for a little while, algae doesn't grow that quick & the biocide will kill anything very quick

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You would be best off with a concentrate or premix, something that has both a biocide and anti corrosive agents built in. Running straight distilled for a short period of time isn't a problem but I wouldn't got more than a couple weeks really. 

I just hooked up RGB fittings (got them cheap)  and it looks like shit with the red dye. If I leave it with distilled I'll be sure to add something asap. Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

it should be fine for a little while, algae doesn't grow that quick & the biocide will kill anything very quick

Thanks! First loop so just wanted to make sure.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

6 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I just hooked up RGB fittings (got them cheap)  and it looks like shit with the red dye. If I leave it with distilled I'll be sure to add something asap. Thank you! 

Thanks! First loop so just wanted to make sure.. 

another option would be adding a silver killcoil, granted your loop is copper/nickle based

7 minutes ago, Derrk said:

another option would be adding a silver killcoil, granted your loop is copper/nickle based

Yea it's copper/nickel.. Is all distilled water equal? 

2 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Yea it's copper/nickel.. Is all distilled water equal? 

yea, its just water that's had the vitamins/minerals removed

14 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

-snip-

Can you take pics with the new fittings?

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

12 minutes ago, AmpedUpDad said:

Can you take pics with the new fittings?

Here's a couple quick shots.. 

20190502_093805.thumb.jpg.fa21443f72b47a49fcac832354c83295.jpg20190502_093758.thumb.jpg.b7bafffc1d6f9bce73c5797f83e1af79.jpg20190502_093709.thumb.jpg.8924ccc4d0b2166147296bd4b9ad88ba.jpg20190502_093632.thumb.jpg.6a2ec86eb69c2b1db6a5902089d863cc.jpg20190502_093459.thumb.jpg.c42f48cc10e791b8832551bcf12341ce.jpg20190502_093506.thumb.jpg.b11e593c7ff4dd97f4d137c7b5da74bf.jpg20190502_093527.thumb.jpg.3a1a977a978b0e0b2fef8507027f7fb0.jpg

yes its safe.

Also i recommend buying some Corrosion inhibitor as well as the Biocide.

Mayhems do both.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Those fittings are sick.  Any idea if they make them with UV light?  Can you provide a link to where you got them please?

3 minutes ago, Vajra said:

Those fittings are sick.  Any idea if they make them with UV light?  Can you provide a link to where you got them please?

The white lights are the brightest but I love the red and blue the most. I got them at Micro Center for $41 for one set of 6 fittings. Bought 2 sets. They are Thermaltake Pacific RGB fittings for 16mm OD and 12mm ID. They use to retail for over $100 but I think Micro Center is clearing them out.. Possibly because Thermaltake came out with addressable ones and these are now old stock.

They work great though. You'll see reviews on Newegg about people complaining that they're hard to work with but if they were any easier they'd probably leak.. I had zero issues installing them.. Just push the pipe as hard as you can and wiggle it around at the same time and you shouldn't have any issues. I used bitspower tubing but any that size should work.. 

17 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

yes its safe.

Also i recommend buying some Corrosion inhibitor as well as the Biocide.

Mayhems do both.

So buy one of each? Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind! 

46 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

So buy one of each? Thanks! 

Indeed.

About 4 years ago i built my loop and only used distilled + biocide. it worked fine, stayed clean for 4 years without a flush .. BUT my nickle plated blocks corroded somewhat, thankfully i had opaque blocks so it didnt really matter, but none the less you dont really want any corrosion.

For the amount of time it went without a flush it wasn't bad tbh, in fact it was really good, but if i had used corrosion inhibitor i wouldnt have had the issue at all.

I recently rebuilt my system into a new case and got a new GPU with new block, i now run distilled + biocide + inhibitor.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Indeed.

About 4 years ago i built my loop and only used distilled + biocide. it worked fine, stayed clean for 4 years without a flush .. BUT my nickle plated blocks corroded somewhat, thankfully i had opaque blocks so it didnt really matter, but none the less you dont really want any corrosion.

For the amount of time it went without a flush it wasn't bad tbh, in fact it was really good, but if i had used corrosion inhibitor i wouldnt have had the issue at all.

I recently rebuilt myself system into a new case and got a new GPU with new block, i now run distilled + biocide + inhibitor.

Any products you can recommend? For both..? 

1 hour ago, ch3w2oy said:

Any products you can recommend? For both..? 

As mentioned, Mayhems do both.

https://www.mayhems.net/products/mayhems-extreme-15ml

https://www.mayhems.net/products/mayhems-inhibitor-15ml

You may be able to find deals on websites like amazon for both.